Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: [War XI]Perfect Fusion <RP>

Cadence
Revolution Uprising
Base XFA (HQ), Fight Area, Sinnoh
Affected RPers: narphoenix (Socrates), Velocity (Schrodinger), Latio-Nytro (indirectly)

When it rained, it poured.

"My head is off-limits." Honestly, that had said it all. With all the psychic characters and Pokémon running around the place, Cadence realised how stupid it was that she hadn’t any real defense against a mental probe. Well, there were ways of fixing that. But not right now.

In fact, there wasn’t even any time to deal with the mess that was leftover from an apparent mind sweep. Or check. Or something of the sort.

"There's an E-Series robot wrecking sh** almost exactly where I predicted Eggy would attack. Four of my friends are engaging it right now." Socrates informed, somehow maintaining the juvenile chirp his voice usually carried. This coupled with the words he uttered made for a bizarre auditory experience. Either way, it was good to know he could offer some sort of counter so quickly.

"That's where Chakram's unit is... Hm, that's odd." Schrodinger started, obviously still recovering from the kicked he taken. Cadence, at this point, was more focused on what he had to say. "... Apparently one of the soldiers, a Miss Card, has a telepathic Pokemon. This Pokemon tells me that Eggman's forces are there for a purpose, and that's finding a Pokemon called 'Heatran'. I don't know anything about a 'Heatran', but apparently it spits fire and would be bad news for us. Given these conditions, I assume no one will object to my sending reinforcements to the area."

“I have none whatsoever,” she replied without hesitation. This wasn’t good, not in the slightest.

Zek was freakishly capable, but could he handle that kind of assault?

And, of course, there was the whole Heatran thing. It made sense though, for Robotnik to seek the legendary. In reality, that Pokémon could make quick work of everything in the blink of an eye. In other words, it would be a total game over for them, or in the very least, the loss of the brand new facilities. Replacing everything... that risked to be an impossible affair.

“Sh*t” the rookie exclaimed suddenly and loudly as his fingers raced feverishly from dial to dial. Without needing a prompt, he explained the cause of his outburst. “W-we’ve been cut off.”

“Try the highest frequency on dial eight. If that doesn’t work, go low on dial nine” Cadence suggested, finding herself juggling both situations at once. It wasn’t much of a hassle, although she would have preferred only focusing in on one at a time.

“Yes,” he stated, turning to do just that. The leader nodded in acknowledgement, before facing her higher-ups once again.

“We can discuss the… incident at a later time, once this is dealt with. I expect that shouldn’t be an issue,” it was more of an order than anything else. In reality, Cadence actually did plan on bringing it up again later, but currently wasn’t the best of times.

If Robotnik was attacking the Route, there was little to no reason to expect the base wouldn’t soon become a target. They had planned for this, but making sure everything was finalised was priority uno.

“Those didn’t work,” the radio operator said with hints of worry, eyeing Cadence carefully, as if expecting another command. Something that would magically fix the problem.
She, on the other hand, knew this wasn’t that simple.

“We’re being jammed then,” the woman stated flatly. This was a bad omen. No information could leave or enter the base with that disturbance. It had to be lifted. ASAP.

The issue was how. Of course, without a doubt Eggman was to blame for this, and his technology was quite difficult to bypass, if not impossible at times. She could probably manage, but that would take time. Quite a bit of it actually, and at the moment, they weren’t bleeding excess amounts of it.

“Can any of you get a status report on Chakram’s unit and anything about the enemy robot,” she asked, turning to face the P.I and the business cat.

The rain had no intention of letting up any time soon…

(00C: Pardon my lack of colours DX
And, Latio has no way of radioing us, unless the jamming frequency is down. Or, unless you meant somebody else. Or... I'll shut up now)

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }