Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [War XI]Perfect Fusion <RP>

Ace Nighthare
Guardian Units of Nations
G.U.N. Combat Dragon Battleship, Near Central City
Affected RPers: N/A

Still no sighting.

I wasn't sure what to really think about it. The Dragoneye launch was being prepped in the meantime, as if it was taunting Robotnik to try and attack us to attempt to stop it. Either they were being stupid or they had a hell of a lot of faith in our defenses. And it could have been they felt Robotnik would not attack for a very long time, and having a communications and surveillance satellite up in the air to reveal the locations of his assets and armies would already put us a step ahead.

Meanwhile, there was still no talk regarding any liberation movements in the overtaken areas. The governments were a train wreck, and were now totally non-existent. Even if Robotnik was eliminated, trying to establish a working society there again would be a horrendous job in itself. Still, what mattered now was the defense line. These places... Kanto, Johto, Orre, Hoenn... it was all new unfamiliar territory to me.

Out of nowhere, however, a note... a small scroll of paper had been dropped at my feet. I looked up to see where it came from, only to see some five foot tall, six-winged flying above me, looking at me from above with its strange blue eyes. The only assurance I had was that it was an organic creature, and not a robot.

"What... is... THAT!?" Switch exclaimed, looking up at the fiery insect with his rapidly beating red-orange, black dotted wings.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch," I told him, picking up the paper. "It's probably one of those things they call... Pokémon. If it wasn't one of ours, I'd imagine it would have attacked already."

"Well, how the hell was I supposed to know that?" Switch asked me, still not in his comfort zone. "I swear, there must be hundreds of different kinds of these things."

Obviously. Regardless, I just shrugged, and unrolled the paper to see it was a letter. I had to applaud whoever sent this. With all the nonsense radio chatter going on, I should have thought of sending letters around earlier.

Ace,
I am not sure if you are familiar with I or my Pokemon, but I am sending these two to the front lines to help defend. I am aware of the dangers of this and so are they. Below is a rundown of their powers and what they can do with them.

I couldn't help but look weirdly at this one. I quickly looked to see that K'sariya Damuna was the one who sent this. Still, I hadn't ever even touched a Pokémon in my life. Heck, three weeks ago, I didn't even know they existed. Now she was expecting me to command them? How would something that was bigger than I was even take orders?

Not to mention I couldn't understand a word it was saying.

The one carrying this note is known as a Volcarona that answers to the calling of Zira. I think she may be useful for creating Hurricanes, if needed. She will be certain to keep them from colliding into the ships, as well. If you command her to, she can clear the skies of any clouds and weather and make it easier to see any opponents above the water, and will improve our visibility below. Being a Fire type, she will avoid the water at all costs unless absolutely necessary. If you need to return any messages to me, do so with her--she will know where to find me, but please do so if only necessary. Returned thanks are not needed nor wanted for their assistance, and either are returned damnations in case you did not want them.

Hurricanes? This bug was capable of making hurricanes? See, this is where I found it hard to trust these things. Still, I looked up, and just tried to remember "Zira the Volcarona."

"She's expecting you to command it!?" Switch asked me after looking over my shoulder, almost laughing hysterically from reading the note. "Ha, ha! Ace, you're no Pokémon Trainer! You can't handle that thing!"

"Put a sock in it," I growled at him, reading the rest of the letter.

I figured Switch was just a moron when it came to these things. These familiars, companions, or whatever they referred to them as, probably couldn't be any harder to command than any other soldier. They might even be easier. But hell if I knew, I had never commanded these things in my life.

The one accompanying her is a Kingdra (check the water for a blue Pokemon with two horns with wavy protrusions on them), and he goes by the name Monsoon. He specializes in anything water, and I believe may be of some help. He can create whirlpools to help slow our opponents down, and with some tactical guidance as to where he needs to put them, I believe that he is mostly independent and will need no further instruction after you give him an order, but if he encounters problems, he will report back to you for further tasks. On a side note, he can also create Blizzards. If he spots robots before you all do, he will alert you to their presence with a Signal Beam.

Sure enough, I looked to the waters and there it was, a large, seahorse Pokémon with the horns K'Sariya described. Still, "independent" was good. I liked that word. Had to be one of my favorites.

"Two of them, no less!" Switch laughed, looking at Monsoon the Kingdra from over the deck of the battleship. "Oh wow, Ace. Seriously. My guess is she must have thought you were a human! Doesn't she know anthros have never even seen Pokémon before, and the same the other way around!? How does she expect you to command both of them at the same time!?"

"Obviously she thinks I can handle it," I shrugged, thinking Switch's words were just garbage anyway. "One's a flying fire bug capable of incinerating crap, and the other handles the waters. Have Zira handle the skies, and let Monsoon handle the crap the rest of us can't see in the water. Switch, it's not rocket science. I've heard they even let their human kids handle these things and most of the time there's no problem."

"But you don't even know if they'll listen to you!" Switch exclaimed, not so sure I could depend on them. "They're not even your Pokémon!"

Sure, he had a point, but given the situation, I felt differently about it. Sure, I didn't like leading anyone besides myself, but right now wasn't really the right situation to moan and gripe about that.

Good luck, sir. Do not fret if you fail--we are holding down the fort at the city, but please do make an effort to return to us in case of the hopefully unlikely event in which you do not succeed.

-K'sariya Damuna

I usually wasn't the kind to "fret" either. If we needed to fall back, we would, but then I knew we would be looking at collateral damage again, and considering we just finished the repairs from the world merge, it would have been nice to enjoy Central City being intact for a little while.

While we were waiting, I figured I'd read over and try to memorize whatever I could of the list K'sariya that sent me. I knew there was no way I could be reading this thing in the middle of a fight while trying to fight on my own. Every now and then, I'd look up to make sure there was nothing coming our way, and then I'd look back to the list. I swore, just one fire bug and water dragon sounded like they'd be capable of unleashing a lot of pain and suffering on those Badniks.

In the meantime, it wasn't like I was being expected to use Pokéballs, which I had no idea how those worked. Commanding Pokémon, yeah, I think I could do that, though they might not exactly enjoy my style of handling things. But trying to figure what fires off a recall beam, what preps a Pokéball for capture, what preps a Pokéball for Pokémon release, and what resets it back into a standby state was confusing as all hell considering the thing only had one button. And don't even get me started on all the different colors and designs. I heard from one other human that different colors and designs resembled different Pokéballs that were capable of different things. Like hell I was going to try and memorize all that.

"You're really serious about this, aren't you?" Switch asked, chuckling. "Hate to break it to you, but rumor has it that inexperienced trainers have trouble commanding Pokémon, especially ones that aren't theirs. Someone mentioned something about certain kinds of 'badges' being necessary for them to acknowledge your experience."

"Well ain't that too bad, I left my ceremony uniform in the barracks," I told him, not worrying about that. "I guess introducing them to my collection of six scout sniper ribbons, three infantry ribbons, two armored battalion ribbons, and those Emerald Star and Diamond Cross medals might have to wait a little while."

"Those aren't... um... well, I think they might listen to you if they see you in action," Switch told me, trying to compose himself.

And if that didn't, something else would.