Old 06-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: [War XI]Perfect Fusion <RP>

Cadence
Revolution Uprising
Base XFA (HQ), Fight Area, Sinnoh
Affected RPers: narphoenix (Socrates), Velocity (Schrodinger), Latio-Nytro (indirectly)

"He is just as likely to abstain from invading in the next 24 hours as I am to begin to enjoy my gluteal regions as a delicacy of the highest order. But then, you probably already knew that."Cadence turned, recognising the voice instantly. Socrates had surprised her a little, but not enough to draw any particular reaction.

He was talking about the threat; there was no doubt about that. By this point, there were few, especially in the higher ranks, that hadn’t been informed of it. To his statement, she only nodded lightly, her focus on the fumbling rookie. What had possessed Thirteen to leave a newbie alone during such a time?

"Chakram is not stupid, you know. He is probably the single most competent person we could have attacking those...robots. As an subset of his nonstupidity, he is not going to betray a heavily armed faction fighting for his freedom. I think we can both agree that would be idiocy itself. You were right to put him in command."

The PI’s words made sense, for the most part, they always did. Zek wasn’t that naïve, rebelling so close to HQ would only be suicide. Trying to convince a fair amount of the RU’s agents of that was a nightmare, however. Suspicion ended up clouding minds...

"I'm going to check on the scouts I have on the rest of the island. I have them most concentrated on the area just around the survival area, as that would be the most sensible for Eggy to attack, as not only is it the shortest route from here to Kanto, one of Robotnik's strongholds, but also it is extremely probable that it would draw our forces from Stark Mountain and possibly screw us all over from both sides."

“Alright,” Cadence stated, nodding lightly. If he played his cards right, Robotnik could very well snap them like a closing jaw. That couldn’t be allowed to happen…

Turning her head, the leader noticed the young man finally get onto the call. The poor thing was hopeless, and having him in charge of the communications, even for a short while, was more than a little unnerving.

"No 'bots invading where I'm keeping eyes. But I do not know how much longer we can expect the lull,"

“We can’t be certain, but I anticipate something sooner than later,” she replied, her brown eyes catching the motion of an opening door. Somebody, hopefully Thirteen, was coming in…

Nope. It was Schrodinger, one of the few anthropomorphic beings to reach an elevated rank in the RU. He was, for the most part, strictly business, and was damn good at his work.

"Certainly not much longer," he stated, probably having heard Socrates and herself from the hall. In reality, this wasn’t in any way this best room for this kind of discussion.

"It's been nearly twenty-four hours since the last attack. That means we can expect something very big and very bad soon." The cat took a slight break, then continued, "I have ensured that we have the weapons we need, but arms alone will not save us. As we all know, we need Chaos Emeralds. Once Chakram comes back in, I recommend that you let me peer into his mind, Cadence, and try to find in his memory exactly where the Cyan Chaos Emerald lies. With its power, we could gain ground and perhaps a slim advantage - if only via a secret weapon - over Robotnik."

Not yet. The words popped into her head instantly. She couldn’t afford risking Zek’s loss, not to mention the damage he’d cause going rogue. Plus, he wasn’t one the leader wanted to see fall into the clutches of the other fractions. If only they could get to Unova, that could stir a buried memory, sans risk…

"Small group of Eggshells coming our way. Engagement preparing. We've been spotted. Check the airwaves, disrupt signals, NOW."

The rookie had put Chakram (it was his voice after all) on loud speak by mistake when he began calling up some data. Judging from his tone, it was fairly urgent…

No time to call Thirteen…

“Check all available frequencies, listen for anything suspicious,” she ordered, looking at the nervous operator. It was an easier job then jamming signals, which he most certainly didn’t know how to do.

“Socrates, can you double check with your scouts, make sure nothing’s come up suddenly?” The leader asked, eyeing the computer at the back of the room. Its purpose was for situations such as this, which required the machine to be pretty elaborate.

Despite not being a techie by trade, Cadence had been taught to set up interference signals, which she sometimes used to cover herself when getting in and out was more important than subtlety. As such, in a few minutes, her fingers were dancing rapidly on the keyboard, punching codes and accessing the jamming equipment. It was a band aid approach really, Robotnik had enough advanced technology to bypass the interferences, but even for the Eggman Empire, that took time.

“Engaging,” a small pop up flashed, indicating a successful launch. Perfect.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }