View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riataro View Post
Well on certain days, you would open up a topic about the event. (sorta a weekly or bi-weekly event to be fair) A trainer can only use one pokemon and have 30 Park Balls to catch pokemon. This type of even would require a ranger making it much like the safari zone. Though I was thinking why not just bug pokemon catching contest.. why not have a variety of themes? Another example is a Fishing Pokemon Contest.

Here's the basic mechanic template to the event.

1. Trainer may only use one 1 of their own pokemon
2. Trainer is supplied with 30 Park Balls
3. Trainer objective is to catch the highest scoring amount of pokemon.
4. Trainer may use pokemon caught to battle, though if it faints it won't count toward the score.

As for scoring, a pokemon's score is based off it's species multiplied by it's level.

As for prizes, we can discuss that later after Mechanics are final.

I can think of how this could work, but that bolded part of there in your explanation...the ASB has no levels. We do already have the Safari right now, but Natonal Park was different.

Here's what I think of a possible National Park:

Go in with one Pokemon
Go in with 15 or 20 Park Balls
Capture highest scoring Pokemon
* Score determined by [Remaining HP + Remaining Energy]/Capture Rate

(This above equasion hasn't been tested, but seems to work out in my head)

Nationl Park Contests never lasted very long in-game. I don't think people should be allowed to use the capture Pokemon either based on how I'm thinking of scoring it since the ASB has no levels, and you coudln't with the ones in-game. ^^'

I think this could work, since the Contest section is rather dead because Lord Fedore is gone and the last contest was never finished...I'm thinking of asking t revamp it again to something simpler. We could probably throw it into there as well.

I really like this idea in general though. ^^