View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: A question that's been kind of worrying me..

Yeah. But it's funny, because in HG and SS, if you have a shiny pokemon and put it first in your party, it follows you around...and THAT sprite is shiny. It's so inconsistent. xD But from what I know, the overworld are programmed to appear for each pokemon, so they would essentially need to program shiny pokemon as different pokemon for the icon to be changed your your party. I would say there's the problem of a very limited palette (and they're preset as well) although overworlds in general share that palette, and they're fine. xD It's kind of too much effort to go to have the icon shiny, especially since all it does is bounce in your party, or sit in your box. Whereas the icons following you in HG and SS are more important and more detailed. Plus there are more sprites to the overworlds than the icons, so it's more important.

/ramble

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.