View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: The Trials of an Ex-Pokémon Fan

I've just got to say--I've been thoroughly enjoying this story~! :D I think it's a very fresh take on the typical "Journey" genre fan-fic, and it's executed very well. Farren's a fascinating character--I like reading through his perspective--the perspective of someone from "our world". A lot of his little mental quips are really quite humorous ("Too bad there isn't a Burger King in Unova." xD). Personally, I can't wait to read more about his adventures :D

The way you set up the other characters is interesting as well. After Farren, Bianca would be my next favorite character. I think you portrayed her excellently, and I like how you expanded her back story with her family. Poor Bianca, though D: She ran away from home... Goll, I hope we hear from her soon as well.

And now I'm curious. Can we expect a certain, misunderstood giant genetic insect to play a role in this story? Hmmmmmmm? :)

On a side note... I remember reading one of your fan-fics a while back that was like this one---"Frozen World", right? Is this kind of a rehash of it? If so, I like the new direction you took with this. :D The characters are much more interesting, and I'm looking forward to more! :D