View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: Kids on Leashes: Sensible? Or Silly?

Well, yea. Parents should be able to teach and discipline their kids and raise them properly. Leash or no leash won't make any difference if the kid won't listen to their parents in the first place. I will agree that using a leash as a form of substitute discipline is bad parenting.

Parental issues aside, think about the benefit a leash has for the parent. Let's say for a 2 year old-- the leash becomes a safety net. The parents have a sense of security knowing their child is safe. That's the function I see a leash being used for: to protect a child. I've seen quite a few young kids on leashes and each time they have been well behaved and free to walk around, with the parent right behind them. Questional parenting? Who cares! Embarassing? Maybe for a 5yr old. Is it silly? Oh yea! However, from a safety standpoint, it works.

-| Links |-