View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Kids on Leashes: Sensible? Or Silly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Diamond View Post
Silly, it's more practical to let your child roam freely and explore his/her new surroundings. Also, if you think in foresight, if a child were to become lost once, they will naturally be wary and stay closer to the parent/guardian hence saving lots of unnecessary bother with leashes and what have they not.

While we're on leashes, I would like to voice my disapproval about leash-ing pets. Humans should remember that relationships are built on trust and love. Why have a baby or adopt a pet if you don't trust and love them as how they should be? Do you leash them for fear that the animal may dislike you and run away? As a dog lover, I have never saw the need to leash my dog whenever I take it out for walks. If I were to have children, I wouldn't leash them either. It's simply stupid a method, no matter if it's in the crass name of "discipline".

It is not about keeping them from running away. It is about keeping them the yard so a car does not hit it. Domestic dogs lack street smarts, just as children do.