View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Are Sonic's best days gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post
@Kenny: Yes, but they actually hit the nail straight on the head with Shadow. The gameplay felt like Adventure/2 and the gus were actually pretty cool IMO. The sword stuff was a bit odd, but it was still fun. Yes, fun. In the mess of all this talk about story and graphics and such, are the games still fun? And really, I think they could have transitioned him better, but I love my Adventure as it is XD

@Bronislav: Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I think the companies do one of two things; create a good, solid game where the action is constant and exciting, or prolong the game with achievements or some amazing "final" item.
Ya a bunch of the older fans didn't appreciate the guns period and didn't find it fun. I think it is a generational difference that the older sonic fans are having against the younger sonic fans, where there is a difference in what a sonic game should be like, and that is part of the fun they have with sonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
@ Kenny - True. It's hard to make a game appear fast without making it really short, though. And I like guns and swords. They were fun to use <3
Why not? They managed to do the whole "fast, but not short" thing in the older Sonic games. And honestly, people would rather a short and sweet sonic game than a long and tedious sonic game, if they had to choose. I think the problem is that navigation in 3 dimensions is difficult to combine with speed without it feeling linear. Though additional issues like homing attacks being wonkier in 3D doesn't help either.