View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon Auxus View Post

What is this?

That post was my opinion on Christianity and arguing between religions. Didn't say anything about violence or war, and I can't even see what you're trying to argue with that. It looks like you're arguing some nebulous point purely for the sake of arguing. Are you trying to tell me I'm wrong to believe in Christianity because violence has arrived from it in the past? If you are, then the argument's flaw is readily obvious. It's by this thought process that so many people had flawed and skewed ideas about Muslims after 9/11. You have allowed the acts of certain people in the past to seep into your mind and tamper with your opinions on the religion as a whole - that is what's ridiculous, and it'll easily offend massive amounts of people.

When a Christian commits an act of violence, whether he believed it was because the teaching wanted him to or not, it doesn't mean that Christianity is a model for murder. You must understand that every person's individual act is not always governed by the accurate teachings of any religion. Many people commit violent acts because of the way they were raised, things they saw in their life, or just how they have come to think. In most of these scenarios, the religion has almost no relation to the violent act. And if the person claims it does, it doesn't mean that they're correct.

So no, I don't understand a thing you're arguing, or why. This is a statement of my opinion, and I'm afraid that useless statistics or common, generic attacks on the religion have no hope to ever change that.
I thoroughly encourage you to read this book. Or this book. Or this.

If you think these are attacks, you are mistaken.

Must I remind you of the Thirty Years War, Crusades, Protestant-Catholic conflicts, Charlemagne, persecution of Alan Turing, Witch Hunts/Burnings, the murdering of homosexuals, Spanish Inquisition, Child Molestation Scandals, the rejection of gays in the Boy Scouts (an organization owned by Mormons), the repeated violations of the U.S constitution, the KKK, the Catholic-run extermination camps in Croatia, Rwanda Massacres, Chmielnitzki Massacres? I don't think the passage of time pardons the anger or the suspicion against any religion. The more recent behavior of your typical Christian was not always the case, and Christian surges will continue just as they did in the 1800s and the 1950s.

Like I have said before, I do not blame all Christians. I will quote myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I do believe most Christians are genuinely good people. The problem is that you unknowingly support a group that is vocal, violent, and intolerant in modern society.
That does not apply to just Christians, mind you. It applies to every religion and cult on Earth.

My point is this. It annoys and angers me when people deny the fact that their religion is a weapon. Religion has always been violent, still is violent, and will always be violent. While it may not be your specific religion at this moment, it all runs in cycles.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-31-2012 at 08:39 PM.