View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I would like to commend my fellow Christians here for having the courage to post in this thread. It is very difficult at times for the faithful to stand up for Godly principles in an increasingly secular world. It is difficult to talk with our neighbors when sometimes it seems we are attacked for something we consider quite close to our heart.

And the heart has always been a fragile thing.

Discussion, I believe, is good. One cannot spread the faith by remaining silent. At the same time, I do not believe that it is our duty to stand on a soap box and shout down the world. We must strive, through our actions, to demonstrate what is truly in our hearts.

As has been stated, I do believe there is such a thing as a false Christian. That people often say they are Christian, yet act in ways that do not match the teachings of Jesus. And I think it's pretty easy to identify many moments in history where this has been the case.

I also believe that Christians do regrettably commit sins. We are not perfect beings and, like many, engage in unworthy activities. It is the reason why we seek the salvation of Jesus for he has forgiven us when no one else could. Only through him can we be washed anew. And it is upon his teachings that we strive to correct the mistakes we have made. We will stumble. We are human. But it is our desire to stumble less often, and hopefully, with less severity.

My friend, I am sorry if you have experienced hardship and suffering at the hands of those who have called themselves Christians. I apologize for the actions that have brought you darkness. If you desire, feel free to yell at me, release your frustrations upon me, condemn me. For if my brother has harmed you, I only wish that the pain be removed from your heart.

To my fellow brothers and sisters. I want to thank you for remaining calm here and to encourage you to continue to act in a matter befitting our Lord God. I think doing so can be challenging at times. But I want to let you know that you're not alone. That there are others of the faith in this forum, and that we are here whenever you need us.

To everyone, I simply ask that should we desire to continue this discussion, we act not on the passions of hatred and anger. That we strive to retain civility and kindness. And that we respect the opinions and beliefs of those around us. After all, we are all members of the same community.
I have not acted on hatred or anger. I have provided evidence.

Oh, and you as Christians are attacked? Why is it that there is only a 9-12% minority of anyone who just claims that there is no god (this includes Agnostics, Secularists, Atheists, Buddhists, and New Age)? It is Secularism that takes the flack, at least in the U.S and South America. I'd like to remind you that 60 years ago, me and any other non-believer would have been branded a Communist and therefore being condemned to prison or death.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-30-2012 at 06:31 AM.