View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBrawl View Post
The Jesus WE follow is the Jesus that was told of in the Bible. The Bible was literally written by God working through others. IT IS GOD'S WORD. Also, would God lie about what He Himself was put through? It seems to me that you fail to recognize that God and Jesus are the same Holy One. The Holy Trinity; God the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

Also, forgive me, but can you find a more detailed description? It's a little unclear to me how similar they are to other Christians.
Did you know the Gospels were written between 40 and 140 CE? There is in no way the actual people you think wrote the books, wrote the books.

As I have said, read the Book of Thomas. Another Gospel so carefully removed from the Bible. This book actually mentions some very unholy things from Jesus Christ.

If it is the word of God, why are there so many contradictions? And why is it that such a perfect being is able to only communicate to us via 2000 year old texts?

The Holy Trinity was conjured up almost 400 years after Jesus' death and has roots in Hinduism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
Just because someone under the guise of "Christian" shows their ugly side doesn't mean that every other Christian out there is like that. You also forget that there are MANY denominations under that guise, some of which are ridiculous and go as far as worshipping Mary, Jesus' earthly mother, and do all these little rituals and read stuff aloud from a book (this part is because I feel that whatever you need to say to God, it needs to come from the heart, not from preset words in a book).

Oh, another thing, Christianity is not a religion. It's actually a faith and a friendship.

Did I mention faith? That's the one thing we rely on to believe what the Bible tells us what happened, because obviously, we weren't there to see or experience it, so it acts as a history book. So yes, we follow the Jesus that was described throughout the Bible by faith. The Bible itself is "God-breathed", or as UltimateBrawl said, written by God through working in others. There are also several archaeological findings that back some Biblical stories up, like how there's fossil graveyards at the tops of hills or mountains (Great Flood), or there were Biblical scrolls found near the Dead Sea not too long ago that are also the oldest dated scrolls so far, or how there were wooden chips/chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea (Moses and the Hebrews escaping Egypt).
If you read a few posts above, I already have an answer for that.

I know full well Christianity is not a specific religion. It is a blanket term for all who believe in Jesus Christ.

Faith, by definition, is illogical and nonsensical. Science and Historical accounts have shredded the Bible and it's validity as to "what really happened".

There is no historical or geological account of the "Great Flood" or of said "Red Sea Parting". First of all, a flood did happen. It was not world-wide. If you have educated yourself in any other religious text, you'd know the Mahabharata speaks of a similar event with a ship banking itself on a mountain just above the city of Geneva. Second of all, the supposed chariot pieces discovered at the bottom of the water turned out to be coral, that theory was debunked in the late 1990s. Even if the coral pieces were chariot parts, water formations move all the time, and said events had over 4000 years to transpire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBrawl View Post
Let's not forget black marks on top of the mountain where Moses received the Ten Commandments. Remember? Lightning struck the mountain constantly while the Commandments were being written.
Oh my word. I will tell you what I told Wile E Coyote. Watch the documentary Religulous.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 6

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-28-2012 at 11:03 PM.