View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven." - Luke 6:37

First, eternal damnation is never something a human being can give out to another. The threat of eternal damnation is God's threat alone

Yes. Jesus brings a sword. Even though most people choose to interpret this as a metaphor for the suffering that Christians are given on Earth, you can also look at this as a basis for violence. However, Christ never 'gave the sword' to mankind, and never directs the apostles to take up arms against anyone, as opposed to the Qu'ran which directly tells its followers;

In fact, Christ even rebuked Peter when Peter was trying to fight off the soldiers that were going to arrest Jesus;

Just because people do things in the name of religion doesn't mean the religion supports that idea. The media has used this to separate Islamic terrorists from normal everyday Muslims.

Just like the violence against this girl, there's no Biblical grounds for any of those events.

I addressed the issue of the 10 commandments in my previous post. Because Jesus died as an offering for the fulfillment of the law, we are no longer bound by the law, and are not supposed to uphold the punishment side of that.
If you have read the Koran, you would know that it is filled with violence as well.

Typical Christian views. Pick and choose what to believe in the Bible. History proves otherwise about the "Christian attitude". Also, I fail to see how that justifies anything. So what if "God" has the right to threaten us? It just proves that God needs to rule us with fear, which is imperfect in every way.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-25-2012 at 01:22 PM.