View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The whole reason the U.S was able to get invaded by the Korean army was because the infrastructure had fallen apart, due to the U.S economy. So, yes, a scenario such as Homefront has nothing to do with Kim's death, but rather the state of the U.S economy.
Sure, "a scenario" like Homefront has nothing to do with Kim Jong Il's death. However this scenario does. Watch the video again if you want confirmation, because I'm done arguing the obvious.

Quote:
The death of Kim Jong-Il would have happened whether or not the idea was even conceivable, meaning it is simply a retrofit. It is almost as if you were to say that Jesus is obviously only a part divine being just because because he died. That has no support in the idea that he was a divine being, but rather simply, a mortal one.
This makes no sense. Whether or not what was even conceivable? Are you arguing that the invasion would have occurred even if he didn't die? I hope not, because you can't prove that. All that you can argue is that North Korea's weapon's program grew in strength and atomic testing inspired tensions between North Korea and the United States. This is all the information we are given from Homefront before Kim Jong Il's death, so it's all that you can use. This does not mean that there will be an invasion and it's impossible to predict that from this information alone.

From the storyline that we are given, we're forced to assume that his death and his son's subsequent rise to power are the key causes for Korea's invasion of the U.S. We're led to assume this because before Kim Jong Il's death, nothing really happened other than growing tensions between the U.S. and North Korea. While this is significant, it amounts to nothing more than political arguing because no "concrete" action was taken. After Kim Jong-Un became North Korea's supreme leader, we are immediately told that he united North and South Korea, and that he annexed Japan and other Pacific countries. Only after Kim Jong-Un's rise to power do we actually see things happen, so the opening sequence is trying to get you to see that he was the cause of it. I'm afraid they couldn't make it any more obvious, so if you missed that then I encourage you to carefully watch the video again and note the blatant details on the screen before you.

Last edited by Exon Auxus; 12-28-2011 at 11:43 PM.