View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 03:03 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: [RP] The Secrets of Fells Church PG-13 (edited and redone)

"Thank you for being here." After she had returned the hug, Ichiru heard Ashley whisper in his ear

“Of course.” He responded softly, shifting his gaze to Jeremy as the Werewolf finally broke down, crying on Bonnie‘s shoulder as she held him. Kiseki seemed to be holding up the best he could, although that didn’t keep the restrained tears from making his eyes glassy. Even Isobel and Kotomi, who hadn’t really been around John long enough to really get attached to him, appeared obviously upset.

A few minutes later, the priest of the church asked everyone to take their seats, putting the entire room in silence as they all sat down quietly. Around fifteen minutes later, Ashley was called up to the casket, facing everyone else as she gave her speech.
"Oh my God... John told them, didn't he?" Jenna asked in shock as she looked at the group, referring to John telling the twins that he was their father. Stefan was the one who nodded his head, knowing what she had meant. Tears filled her eyes as well as Alaric wrapped his arms around Jenna. After a few minutes the priest of the church asked everyone to take their seats, bringing everyone to sit down silently. Around fifteen minutes later the priest called for Ashley to come up to the front of the casket, the brunette asking to say a speech beforehand. Ashley nodded, raising from her seat and walked over to the casket, turning around and looking at everyone.

"I would like to say first is thank you to everyone for coming today and showing your support; we wouldn't be able to pull through another death in our family without everyone coming together in the darkest time of my family's life. John was an amazing man, always putting others before himself. Sometimes he came across as a man who was cold and careless, but the true John was actually loving and cared for others. You just had to break through his shell to see the real man behind the mask.

John didn't die in vain; he died as a hero. He had sacrificed his life to save my friends and I from a wolf who had attacked us in the woods, throwing himself in front of the animal while he told us to run and get help. He sacrificed himself to save his children and their friends." When Ashley paused, a dull murmuring started up among the people, all of them obviously confused about her last words. When things quieted down again, the brunette continued.

"John was actually mine and Jeremy's biological father. He had us when he was only a teenager, so since his older brother was a doctor he took care of the paperwork, saying that Jeremy and I were actually the twins of Grayson and Miranda Gilbert. Jeremy and I knew that we were adopted but only kept it to our family, deciding not to tell anyone else, though no one had ever told us that John was our actual father until a few weeks ago.” Ashley paused once more, most likely to let the information sink in before continuing.

"Again, I would like to thank everyone for coming here today; it really means a lot. Thank you." As the brunette began to take her seat, everyone in the room began to applaud her, the twins, Kotomi and Isobel included. It was upsetting that the truth behind John’s death couldn’t be revealed. Everything that had happened that night and the days leading up to it, all of the people who had suffered because of it, no one could know about it. The knowledge of vampires, werewolves and witches would only throw the town into a panic and cause havoc. Not to mention the fear everyone would live in… It was a shame that the truth couldn’t be revealed, but if it was for the sake of the peace in the town, it was alright.

A few minutes later, the casket was taken to the freshly dug grave, which was right next to Ashley’s and Jeremy’s adoptive parents’ graves. A heavy silence hung over them as the casket was lowered and completely buried, everyone beginning to walk over to the tombstone to place the flowers on the soft dirt, as well as on Grayson’s and Miranda’s graves as well.

When Ashley walked up to place the rose with the others, the twins, being the closest to her and the grave, heard her whisper her thanks to him, bringing them both to look down. Kiseki seemed to be focused on not crying again, but despite his hatred of the man, Ichiru couldn’t help but wonder if James had ever been a good person. John’s actions and the close bond that he, Jeremy and Ashley had formed in such a short time somehow led his mind in that direction. Isobel had never spoken badly of James, even after he’d left them. Had something just gone wrong along the way? Either way, it didn’t matter now. He had been killed at the warehouse by his own trap, so there would be no way of telling unless they asked Isobel. At least... they thought he was killed. There was no sign of his escaping before the building burst into flames... This wasn’t the time to be thinking about that, anyway.

"If it's okay with everyone I would like to leave tonight." Ichiru came back to reality as Ashley spoke, looking over to her during the pause. She looked over to Jeremy, Bonnie, Alaric and Jenna before continuing. "I just need to spend as much time with them as possible before we leave."

“Whatever you want to do.” Ichiru responded after a moment, Isobel and his siblings nodding in agreement.

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."