View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Opinions on the President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonKit View Post
Wanna say that to Fox and BBC, etc.? Honestly, I don't really care if those wars were already in effect. He didn't call a truce, which, in my eyes, he was trying to say when he made that big speech. He made at least two other wars, the ones that Red already stated.

The tobacco tax is making half of the people my parents know go broke. I swear to god, if this continues, we will be broke as well. Its not like I'm going to go up to my parents and slap a cigarette out of their hands and yell at them so we can make the amount of money we should be, which still isn't that what, 250,000 we need to make to not have as many taxes and the crap.

Heck, after he was elected, half of my classmates went to all-out rage mode except for those who voted for him uhhh...God I just forgot...-fool ness-

---
(To reply to the Nyan Cat thing)

And I gotta admit, I know at least fifty people who don't know what the ---- politics is because their so ubersessed with Nyan Cat. That tells you something; my friends/classmates/whatever you wanna call 'em are crazy.
While I do think you are rather uneducated in this subject, I do understand you. Starting off young in a debate can do that to you. =) Just stick with it, listen to opinions (of both sides) and research facts, and you will become educated faster than you would ever believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlark View Post
Lol, Well, I got news for you--because I know how to shop, tobacco only costs me less than $10 a month. Smoking is a choice, and I chose to smoke. Because I like the taste. It's relaxing and it's the best time to think and have 10 minutes to myself. It doesn't make me sit around and ponder my face like pot. Doesn't hurt my bills, intelligence, or liver like beer. So you know what--I hold my cig up high lol (I never in my life thought I'd post that here).

And in other news for you--because Medicare got cut, my company had to shut down two facilities in my region. Supposedly we weren't hit as bad as a couple other companies, but either way. That's facilities being lost, caused by people that rely on medicare leaving the facility because they can't afford the proper care they need. And budgets in healthcare providers being cut. Which comes back to facilities being shut down. Which leads to job loss, overcrowding in some facilities, and higher unemployment, which leads to lower incomes, which leads to lower budgets for healthcare on the patient end... I'm ranting... either way--that's a job loss of about 100-150 people in decent paying to good paying careers. And usually careers that offer benefits and what have you.These people are forced to lose their insurance and get jobs flippin' burgers at McDonalds. Luckily I pulled myself out of the fast food circuit and lucky enough to not be a part of the facilities that got shut down.

But who cares, right? The working population can suck an egg, right? It's only our HEALTHCARE system that we depend on if we get in a car crash or get cancer. We all plan to go to school and live forever. We're invincible--nyan.

So you know what--tell your mother you don't care about her medicare when she dies. There are bigger fish than taxes. There's civil liberties, healthcare, education, and international politics.

Eitherway... Obama's not the Messiah as some people have actually stated. I'll only vote for him if he's the best option on the ballot. In the meantime--who I vote for is dependent on who wins the primaries of both sides. This includes both Dem ans Pub, we'll see who the better of two evils are.

But what I'm trying to say is back to what I originally stated.

Does he deserve to win? Probably not.

Will he win? Most likely. Despite his track record, he's got a strong contigency of voters that'll back him.

But I got a personal question, why are you so trigger happy to bad mouth Moonkit?

Obama sucks, let's face it. I lost hope and I now have less change in my pocket. Bush was bad, but Obama's the same dance different song. Do I like Bush, no. Do I like Obama, yes. Does that make me a hypocrite? No. It's makes me open minded.
Obama sucks? Is that because he is open to same-sex marriage? Hay now, let us keep this PG rated. ;)

But, I will face it, and deny it. Obama does not "suck." Obama, despite a lot of pressure, is doing relatively okay as president. He would make a better choice than someone like Sarah Palin or Rick Perry. *shivers*

Now that you don't have 60 cents, you won't be able to afford that 1 dollar taco at Taco Bell! OH NOEZ!!! Seriously though, you are complaining that the government is making you pay more to kill yourself.