View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: U.S destroying free speech?

It won't pass. This takes away due process and freedom of speech, both of which are protected by the Constitution.

Furthermore, it is far too vague. The internet will COLLAPSE, and the economy will go down the drain from that. It's a way to talk and browse; with internet sites being attacked by rival competitors (and believe me, they WILL attack each other) and being shut down, they will lose money and go out of business.

I'm surprised Nintendo is supporting this, but I'm glad to see SEGA is not. The bottom line is though, the bill has immense support from major companies...This will put pressure on the bill to pass. When under pressure, things this stupid usually do.

And then, of course, it gets removed from being unconstitutional within a year...But the damage will already have been done to certain websites.

DeviantArt is at severe risk, Facebook, Ebay...THIS website, even (although Nintendo made it quite clear they don't care about Pokemon websites, further confusing me why they joined).

EVERY WEBSITE HAS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DEEMED AS INFRINGING AND THUS CAN BE SHUT DOWN.

That's the bottom line.