View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Speed of Light challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophi View Post
Personally, I'm pleased at the overturning of a long accepted theory. It means we still have more to discover about the way our universe works.

Of course, it will be inconvenient for physicists who have relied on this as the truth, and many other "truths" will undoubtedly be affected. But I like the fact that people still aren't able to explain everything that happens.
Oh trust me, speed of light or no speed of light, we aren't explaining everything for a long, long time.

Also, this doesn't overturn Relativity; far from it. It won't be until the results are replicated in labs across the world by independent scientists until we'll need a replacement for Relativity. This may end up being just a one-off anomaly due to some mistake or other.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."