View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 01:04 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Individual RP: SammyTheKidney (Lakes)

(OOC: Remember that Trainers can't say whether their attacks and moves hit and work. That's up to the Ranger. If you haven't, I suggest reading up on the rules and skimming the Park encyclopedia so you know how things work. The same thing is true for Ball throwing: you can't say it hits. Also, what gender do you want Magikarp? You get to choose that.)

BP#1

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Sam decided to battle the Magikarp, and Ivy was glad. For a first encounter, it wasn't bad. The fish was relatively low on the skill scale, and it would let the Trainer figure out what sort of thinks worked or didn't in the Park. It wasn't quite like official battling.

Sam called on his partner Pokémon to fight. “Hey, 'Brina!” he called, perhaps a nickname for Sabrina. The Psychic Pokémon floated to his side and looked at their opponent.

The Trainer first called for her to take the fish out of the water, probably using a Psychic. He didn't say, so she wasn't sure. Either way, the Psychic-type lifted one of her arms, and the tri-colors flashed as she worked with her energy. The Magikarp began to glow with a light blue haze around it, and slowly it lifted out of the small lake.

The fish took a second to realize what was happening, but when it did, it started to flail around. This was probably due to the effect Psychic-type attacks had on the mind of the targets. It tended to wear down their energy by warping their mind a bit. Some Pokémon, like Poison-types, were super sensitive to it.

The fish put up with a little of this before it was able to break out of the hold and fly down to smack Sabrina on the top of the head. It then bounced back up to land right in the water again. It had hit the Psychic-type pretty hard, and the Ranger scanned her over to make sure she wasn't suffering any of the extra effects that sometimes resulted from attacks. A hard bounce like that sometimes froze up the muscles with paralysis.

She seemed okay though, so Ivy brought her attention back to the fish. It was swimming rapidly in a circle, and the Ranger wondered what it was plotting.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Magikarp: 86% [Used Bounce]
Timid F Beheeyem: 91% [Used Psychic]

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Sam
14 Encounters Remaining
Area Effects: It's sunny.
Pokémon Encountered: Magikarp
Pokémon Captured: None
MCR: 1,977/4,000 [Common Rank]

Items: 3x Park Ball, 1x Super Ball, 1x Hyper Ball

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Beheeyem @ 91%
Nickname: Sabrina
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines