View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: Supernatural: Rise of the Apocalypse [RP]

Nalani Hyland
Sorceress
(although this post is more from Kai’s view point…)

Sitting still in their booth, Nalani said nothing as the poor waitress was harassed by her ex. She wanted to, badly, but nervousness kept her in check. Kai, on the other hand, seemed to want action, and was glad when the cook chased the jerk out. He could be seen as many things, but had no patience for abuse, not after his friend had been one of its victims.

“We should have done something,” he muttered in slight regret and only sight when his sister nodded. Despite the situation being over, the siblings continued paying close attention to the scene.

The twin wearing a red hoodie went to check on the waitress after she was given the day off. It appeared her boss was sympathetic, a refreshing aversion of the popular insensitive stereotype. The dark haired teen’s brother, on the other hand, decided to go outside where the scumbag now stood.

“I’m tempted to go out there myself,” he admitted, glancing out the window sombrely. Lani read him like a book, she could tell memories of a battered May was haunting his conscious. She’d endured quite a beating for refusing intimacy with her new boyfriend, and had to be hospitalised for a few days. Knowing this was a touchy subject for her brother, the blonde simply didn’t reply. There was nothing she could really say…

A few minutes passed, neither of them saying too much. Kai responded to a few texts and his sister gave an occasional glancing in the waitress’ direction. She was still in the company of the twin, and was now sitting at the same table as he. They exchanged some dialogue, but it was near impossible to tell exactly what they were saying. The only thing she really grasped was about hurting someone, which was probably in response to the weaponry he carried.

“It’s really none of my business,” she muttered, returning focus back to her own table. Her brother was still on his phone, mashing the tiny buttons with perfect accuracy. Even after he finished the message, the boy remained silent, which was a little out of character, but understandable.

With all this, neither of them had noticed a new character entering the restaurant. In fact, they remained quite oblivious to the scene that was unfolding on the opposing side of the street. Their window didn’t allow for a good view of the situation, but failed to mask everything. Once the pale haired teenager finished his texting, he decided to give the outside world another gaze. With the slight moving of his head, he spotted the other twin and a few bystanders. From where he was, however, there was no telling exactly what was going on.

“What do you think’s going on?” he questioned, prompting Nalani to give the scene a glancing. It was harder to see from her side of the table, but did manage to get a bit of the picture.

“I-I don’t know, but I don’t have a g-good feeling about it,” her tone grew a little uneasy.

“I’m going to check it out,” Kai was adamant, Lani knew that much. She, however, couldn’t help but feel really uneasy about the proposed action.

“Y-you sure?” she asked, although the answer was obvious.

“Of course! What if that ***hole tried something?! I can’t stand this anymore!” he snapped (rather loudly), the last sentence being harsher than the rest. Wasting no more time, the boy rose, and started for the door, his posture growing confrontational.

It didn’t take Nalani too long to follow behind. She, however, forgot her backpack at the table in her haste.

The scene Lani and her brother were met with… wasn’t expected to say the least…

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }