View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Do you believe in God etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
He was asking whether or not God exists or not. That is quite a good question. This very forum, this very type of discussion, got me to finally think logically about the member. This very discussion convinced me to become Agnostic.
He was asking for your opinion, but his convictions said otherwise. I don't mind that we have different interpretations of his original post, just that it isn't any less valid than your view.

The point of my posts were to have one think about the implications and things about religion regardless of which kind of religion. I would have done the same if it was a Muslim or a Satanist who posted the same questions. If you've interpreted this as an attack on Christianity, that is simply not my intentions. However, I think it is a good thing that it's getting people like you to think and come up with something of your own.

Quote:
None of this is about evolution.
So he brings it up at the end for what reason?

Quote:
Does age matter? My Uncle gave me a book when I was 12 about how the Church excepts the theory of Evolution. It explained the theory almost the same way I did, and I pretty much got it.

That has everything to do with the point. The theory begins with the Big Bang, and progresses to now. I stated we evolved even we did not "see the light" of God. I stated that religion evolves as well, which means it evolves along with us. It is quite a legitimate argument.
It does. I don't possess the same mindframe I have now compared to myself 10 years ago. I don't pretend to know what to do because I understand my own limitations in this subject and have very little understanding on how child psychology works. It's great that you have an uncle that has an idea of referring to an expert(?) in the subject with the book. I don't have that kind of a resource at my disposal.

Your idea of evolution encompasses too much, hence why it's important to understand that the scientific perspective is different from yours. I know more by virtue of the fact that I studied this stuff for 5 years in university and have participated in debates of this sort in the past. You can't keep stating that Big Bang has anything to do with evolution and get away with it. The point of that was not to say whether or not your argument was legitimate, but rather that you have factual errors that needed to be corrected. As I had previously said, I could care less what your final religious beliefs are. That's not the point. Fix your factual errors, please.

Quote:
Yeah, try to insert a joke in there at times. Like this:

Hay, so your a Psychiatrist?

No, I am a Psychologist.

Oh, so you are only half educated.
I'm gonna facepalm this one all the way from the enemy's base back to mine.

Quote:
Your belief very much matters, though I think it is safe to say you do not believe in the same god the OP believes in.
My actual religious belief doesn't matter. My belief on how life should be conducted under a religious mindset does. The idea of living an unenjoyable life is certainly not what any God would envision, regardless of religion. Life is a beautiful struggle.

Quote:
I also laugh at the fact that you belittle the OP simply because he is a kid. Love your euphemism. Not intellectually capable. Aha. We all know what you mean.
You said that like 3 posts ago. Well at least you are being consistent at ad hominem though. You do, however, misunderstand when I say those things. It is a fact that a child thinks differently than I do, so yes, he is factually intellectually incapable of reaching my level of thinking at the present moment, Einstein excepted. This doesn't mean he won't in the future and this doesn't mean the kid is stupid. It's the same as how I am intellectually incapable of holding my own against the older generation. I simply don't have the mind capable of such things. Am I suddenly be"large"ing the older generation when I say that? If I say that a layman is intellectually incapable of discussing complex particle physics with a physics professor because he lacks the resources, am I somehow speaking a non-truth?

Quote:
You also argue with me when we obviously agree on the same thing. However, I do believe science will one day disprove the existence of God, but since I do not know, I am not going to take a side. I think the possibility is high, as it has taken His role out on so much already and debunked so many things. So, enough. We both pretty much believe the same things.
I actually don't think science will ever prove or disprove the existence of a supreme being of any sort, as I have previously said.