View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:59 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Do you believe in God etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Not a terrible reason. One can be raised to be an Atheist, and looking by your logic, that is a terrible thing. When I first became Agnostic, I thought my parents attempted to brainwash me into becoming Catholic when I was little, and that is what it is. But, I also realized anyone with an agenda can do that, so, Atheists can be quite guilty of it too.
Way to miss the point entirely. He's saying that believing anything simply because you were raised to is terrible.

Quote:
Simply put, there may or may not be a God. While science seems to be the only one making any progress in researching natural happenings, there is no evidence to disprove the existence of a Maker either. So, in all fairness, there is no definite answer.
An awful, awful argument that for some reason pro-religious people keep falling back to. There's no evidence that disproves the existence of unicorns, vampires, werewolves, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Raptor Jesus. If you actually believed in your own logic you'd believe in all of those as well, because hey, there's as much lack of evidence for them as there is for God! (if you do happen to believe in all of the above, then I take my statement back, but in that scenario I would have to question how you remain functioning in society)

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."