View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Lessening dependency on the Staff Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
I'm not cussing because I'm pissed or irritated, but because I can. n___n The only thing that I'm annoyed at is that my microwave refuses to cook popcorn properly. >:|
A) Incessant cursing is against forum policy.

B) How mature of you.

Quote:

Just Google'd 'Watergate'. Something about Nixon trying to cover up a break-in, or something. From what I read, it seems that Nixon was trying not to cause a nation-wide panic - trying to prevent the American people from thinking, "Someone came so close to breaking into the Watergate Complex?! Holy crap, what's next? The White House? The Pentagon?!" etc. What would you have wanted him to do, go on TV and say, "Some guys tried to break in to Watergate, don't panic."? That's like telling someone, "If you crash the car, we all die. No pressure." It just adds pressure. XD I can't say that I would've done the same thing that Nixon did, but I would've done something similar.
I wouldn't have done anything of the sort, for it cost him is presidency and made him look like a traitor.

Quote:

I didn't say that it was good for America, I just said, "I can only assume that my Government was doing what it thought was best for the American people." HUGE difference. The Mods thought that the re-design would be good for PE2K, and some feel that it wasn't, myself included.
Yes, but unlike the government, you can show us what you guys are planning without costing world peace.