View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Velocity's -Velocity and Mass- Gym [OPEN!]

Hello, and welcome to Velocity's Gym. Here at this Gym, we are dedicated to doing battles revolving around science for the betterment of human and Pokemon society alike. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

Above you can see the Half-Dozen Pokemon Dedicated to the Battling for Science and General Enrichment. We understand that this title is lengthy and we have provided this acronym for those who find the full name to be a 'mouth-full': H-DPDttBfSaGE (HUD-puh-dut-bf-SAGE)

Currently, this Gym is open and awaiting challengers. Please stop by for a Battle For Betterment if you get the time.

In order to challenge this Gym, there are some things you must know and some conditions that you must meet. The information and requirements are as follows:

Rules of the Battle for Betterment
Battles will be held in 'Double' format, with each participant using a total of six Pokemon.
Each Pokemon is allowed only one Chill.
Neither direct healing moves nor one-hit-KO moves are permitted.

Requirements for the Participants of the BfB
The Proctor's official roster - 'wild-card' Pokemon do not count- is required to be the four Pokemon that have a Speed Stat of < 100, as well as a weight of < 220 lbs. The other two must fit only one of these requirements. In order to challenge the Proctor, the challenger's first two Pokemon must fit those requirements also. (i.e., Electrode at 140 speed and Dewgong at 264.6 lbs)

Arena of the BfB

Aperture Labs

In Aperture Labs, there's a forgotten Test Chamber called Chamber 101 - nicknamed Chamber LOL. Chamber 101 has a small entry hallway (Six feet by twelve feet) that opens up into a 50' x 70' arena made up almost entirely of white panels. The wall to the right as you walk in is made of dark-brown bricks. Jutting out from this wall is a raised platform made of the same stuff, and a turret watches the battle from above. For each action - provided the turret has not already struck in that pair of actions - a 40-sided die is rolled. For 1-10, the turret catches sight of the Pokemon who is being rolled for (challenger first, and the turret cannot act twice in a set of actions) and it fires on the Pokemon in a move treated as Steel Type, which has a power of 18. It is STAB, it is physical, and strikes 2-5 times. If the roll is 11-20, the turret will say something to the effect of "I see you" and make the Pokemon flinch. If the roll is 21-40, the turret hums something to itself and does nothing. There's also a radio that will play smooth jazz throughout the battle. It's as dangerous as the turret when it hums (that is to say, it's completely harmless).

Here at Velocity and Mass Gym, we want you to be sure that we are not 'banging rocks together here' and that we know exactly what we are doing. To prove this we provide the following information:

The Gym Proctor's Trainer Statistics.

Our Battle Record: 0/0/0

Once again, thank you, and remember that you must be baked - oh, I'm sorry, I mean defeat the Gym Proctor - before you receive a Cake Badge.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by J_A_M_E_S; 08-03-2012 at 07:14 PM.