Old 06-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: [WAR X] WAR X RP - The Circle of Life and Death [RP]

Sovereign
The Armada
In the Ending World
Affected RPers: None

The battleship silently cruised through the void. Sovereign's unique arc engines, utilizing magical lightning to heat up the air within his systems to propel the ship, normally made a buzzing noise that was quite audible, but it was never noisy in the Ending World. On all sides was a suffocating darkness, like nothing that was natural to this world. The dark seemed alien, oppressive, invasive. Lights that were shone into the sky seemed to stop far earlier than they should. And it was difficult to see very far, even for the sensors of a vessel of the Armada. Avoiding floating rocks and islands was always a challenge. One could never lower their guard in this place.

"Sovereign?"

On his own bridge, Sovereign's avatar, Edorath was shaken from his staring out the window by a young man. Barely out of his teens, he was one of the members of Sovereign's crew, recruited to handle the tasks the ghost ship could not.

"Yes?" Edorath replied in his usual monotone.

"How old are you?"

Sovereign had to think about that for a moment. "I stopped keeping track after the third century," he finally replied. "It seemed so pointless when one year was no different from the next."

"But every year's different," the young man said. "You remember so much of the history that I've only ever heard stories of."

"Only vaguely," Edorath stated. "It all blends together after a while."

And what I do remember, I would not tell you anyways, he silently added. Such was how he had treated humans for a long time now. Getting to know them, to become their friends, was so pointless. They left so quickly.

His sensors detected the beacon of another Armada vessel in the distance. The Empty Skies, a utility vessel. During the wars it had carried fuel, parts, food, medicine, and crews to the ships on the front. Like the others, it had fallen at Nascent Ridge and been transformed. Using his long-range communicator, Sovereign opened up a channel with the vessel. [Why are you here?] he asked.

[Why are you?] the other ship returned humorously, not really expecting a reply. Not all of the Armada had been so hard-hit by the passage of time as Sovereign. [Carrying an expedition to the White City.]

[Why do you do it?] Here they were, starting into this conversation again.

[They pay well.]

[What use is money to you?]

[Not much,] Empty Skies replied, just a hint of laughter in her voice. [But it's cute.]

There was no real reason for them to do anything, Sovereign mused to himself. So it was all the same in the end. Sometimes, he felt as though he should have a purpose; to restore the Lifemaker's empire, and united the four corners of the globe under one banner, obliterating the petty conflicts that the humans had with each other. But most of the time, he was just tired.

[Be careful,] he warned. [Something stirs in Lamentur Vail.]

The other ship's reply was curious. [What?]

[I do not know. But the screams are growing louder.]

And with that, the two parted ways. Sovereign back towards Aria, and Skies towards the center of the world.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."