View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: [WAR X] Debate Section

WWotS
-The Cullen

I seriously believe that the U.S. should withdraw the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. I understand wanting to help/wanting to get something out of it, but I do believe that focusing on themselves could get better results. For one, we've been shipping supplies out for our military to various places in the Middle East, and I don't think it's helping the United States economy at all. Some of the most expensive of the weapons they are sending over there aren't making it back in salvagable pieces.

Many do not realize how dangerous the whole thing is. In fact, I didn't until the other day, when I saw the movie 'The Hurt Locker' just about three or four days ago. The movie is based in Iraq, centering around a bomb-deactivation squad that is sent to various places in Iraq to defuse bombs that have been planted. They're losing so much over in foreign countries, but what are we gaining? Since the death of bin Laden, their relations with various groups have been falling into the negative zone. I think it is time to withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Libya problem, on the other hand, is something I believe they actually should help with. They're in the process of trying to maintain/obtain a new government (for those who are rebelling), for the better or for the worse. Where would the United States have been if France had not helped them when they were breaking apart from Great Britain? The world's only superpower wouldn't exist, for they would still be under the control of the British, or possibly some other country that tried to take over. If they had lost the Revolutionary War, the world would be a very, very different place. All I can say for Libya is that we should do what we can to help them.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."