View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
The other boards don't have activity period. It has to go, whether you like it or not. The question is whether or not the merge was better or directly culling it completely. We chose the lesser of two evils. It's useless to complain about it because the other option we have is worse off.

The new forum is arguably more streamlined than before, with less red tape. How can we, as a small forum, have more categories than much larger forums like mtgs or serebii and hope to be as active? We had more categories because we had enough people to populate it. We can't sustain it, thus it contracted. If in the future there is a need for expansion of forums, we will do that. It's that simple. If you want to blame something, blame the lack of activity.

While I can't say that it isn't within our intentions that this may attract new members (it won't), my primary concern was that the forums were being too cluttered with useless categories and extra forums that never get used. As you may have noticed, it's mostly those that were contracted and merged. That is my primary intention when dealing with this issue. That is, simplicity is far superior to excessive taxonomy.

You confuse my explanation with complaining. :/

I stated before and I'll say it again, I do realize to bring activity up that the merging was needed, however trying to get into a light that those who are saying they dislike this for which reasons.

I also never considered PE2K a small forum but I suppose with the lack of members now we have to stick it in that definition.

What I think needs to be worked on is trying to keep members here, as over the last couple years outgoing vs incoming members was in favour of the outgoing side. When new members come in, keeping them here is going to be something to work on.