View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Gold; Best Pokemon Author; MotY'10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Well, yeah, kinda. And I get what you're saying. But I don't have to use a semi-colon or whatever in every instance like that. I think it depends on the person/editor for books. What I've seen is in some books a person will use a semi-colon/dash etc. and others won't. Personal preference, I guess. xD
Well for sentences that aren't connected with a word like 'and' or 'as' or 'so' or 'but' or whatever which have commas generally are two separate sentence, and in that instance the correct grammatical device would be a semicolon. Something like:

Quote:
I don't think that's a good idea, we should go to the cheese factory.
Something like that needs a semicolon or a joining word, because both sides of the commas are sentences that can stand on their own. Only when both sides of the comma don't stand on their own should the comma be correct, such as:

Quote:
Because not all the trees and shrubs meet up, there shall be no pie.
That's a bad example. But at least the first half of the sentence can't stand on its own and make sense.

Quote:
Yup, I know, I got it. It's just that in my view I think I would use the word dog. Considering they are dog-like creatures. I'm giving my Pokemon knowledge to know what animals are. xD There are regular bugs and stuff in Talzere, too.
But do you think that, if dogs existed alongside pokemon, people would compare pokemon with dogs anyway? Wouldn't they refer to dogs as 'glaceon-like' instead of the other way around, or both ways? I just wouldn't expect them to know what dogs are in order to compare them, or to think to compare them with something similar, since pokemon would have come first to them, like how animals came first to us. o.o I'd think they'd compare animals to pokemon.

Quote:
Nope, it's okay. Did I miss that part? xD Sorry.
I'm just repeating myself anyway. xD

Quote:
So much stuff to do and writing has to come second. *sigh* ;_____;
It sucks, doesn't it? D:

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.