View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Gold; Best Pokemon Author; MotY'10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Nope. In actual books you will often find an emphasised word in an italicised sentence remains as normal text. I don't think I've seen a single bolded word in a novel where italics were used. xD But thanks for the suggestion.
That's weird. :P If I ever publish a book, I'm going to bold it. xD

Quote:
I think the second might work better with a dash. As for the others, I'll think about it.
What's to think about? I'm telling you the correction. xD

Quote:
*shrugs* I have a comma fetish? xD I'll change it to a period.
Not a fetish. You just use them instead of semicolons/periods. o:

Quote:
Eeeehhh...I think it's okay to say that they are dogs. After all, they are, as you said, dog-like Pokemon. In essence, I'm just leaving dog-like off the end. xD And Zanna is a rat. Well, mouse. I think it's fine to say that. Your opinion might vary, though.
Hey, I'm offering my view. I wouldn't call a dog a fox just because it looks like one.

Quote:
Again, I don't think when I write. xD Me needs to sharpen my editing skills, methinks.
I think you're taking these corrections too personally. o: I'm just pointing them out. You don't need to justify yourself; everyone makes mistakes. xD

Quote:
Not all instances where a word and name is used is there need for a comma. And I am pretty picky.
Which is why I said that it's when a character addresses another. Should I just stop these corrections and stick to the literal typos?

Quote:
Oh, uh, it doesn't really worry me none if you have something like that in your story. xD I'm sure many stories have things relating to Dark Pokemon. Oooohh, you like Virok? That's funny because I hate him. XD So focused on killing Deoxys he's willing to sacrifice the city and the Pokemon in it just to do so. It was a take off 'Amelia' and I like that name. xD Spur of the moment name. I'm finding it harder to think of good names and I wonder how I ever came up with the main ones. XD They split up in case Deoxys came to attack. You know, if one group was captured another would still be alright. That and they thought it would be faster to travel as two groups rather than a big one.

Hopefully the rest of the story will be fairly interesting so I can keep you occupied. xD Though I've taken a little break (yet again) to catch up with Uni stuff. Once June rolls around I should be back into writing mode again. I have the words in mind, but not the patience, ehe. ^^;
Yeah, I just thought it was funny since I realised similarities. :P Doesn't bother me either. Well, not that I like him as such, because I know he's a sicko, but more that I find him interesting. Yeah, most of my characters have spur of the moment names. Only ones I plan or the recurring ones have preconceived ones. Ah, I see.

It's fine. I haven't posted a chapter in, like, months. Stuff to do, dwindling motivation, other stories, etc.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 05-08-2011 at 12:43 PM.