View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Osama bin Laden is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
So you think letting him live and continue what he was doing would have been a better idea? Somewhere or sometime, it had to be done. As for terrorist retaliation, them acting out of rage is only going to cause them to make reckless mistakes, which will be a further downfall for them. Before 9/11, we were pretty lax with security. Now, we've been steeled against terrorism and have already shut down and prevented further terrorist acts before they happened.

Okay, I agree that we shouldn't start throwing confetti, launching fireworks, handing out candy, and so on, but it is good to know that this guy didn't get off scott free for what he did and live a happy and prosperous life after planning and initializing the attack that killed so many innocent people. Instead, he was forced to live in hiding, dwell in caves like some animal, and was eventually killed for what he did. For many, that kind of closure is the kind of thing they've been waiting for.
When does this really stop neo..I mean the guys who are directly responsible for this have been dead for years. Now we’ve killed this man twice, are we going to continue to search for everyone else affiliated to the 9/11 bombings? If so how many more people will lose their lives for this war which may never end. Maybe the best way to honor the whole situation is to finally bring people back home since the goal has been met.

At least 2,985 people died in the September 11, 2001.
4,404 US trops dead, 66,081 Civilians dead...I can’t in good consensus say one person was worth that. My real concern is what the next guy in line will do, and are reaction to that will be.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List