View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 AM
KKranberry Offline

Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Razor View Post
I need help with my elite four team(second run). I have a hard time with Lance's gyarados, I got 2 rock moves, my Ho-oh(lvl 66) Ancient Power and my Pupitar(lvl53(xp.share until evolve)) Rock Slide. Both get 1HKO'ed by waterfall so I am pretty screwed since he is faster. I'm looking for a new member to 1hko him and come to the conclusion that i need a pkmn with an electric or rock move(preferably STAB) who isn't harmed much from Ice fang and waterfall(alternatively faster).Note: a plus is if he can one hit Mr.Zard too;)

My Current Team:

Feraligatr(lvl70)
No Item,
Surf
Crunch
Blizzard
Superpower

Ho-oh(lvl66)
Charcoal,
Psychic
Fly
Fire Blast
Ancient Power

Pupitar(lvl53)
Xp.Share,
Earthquake
Thrash
Rock Slide
Crunch

Kenya(Fearow(ingame trade))(lvl52)
Quick Claw,
Fly
U-Turn
Drill Peck
Steel Wing

Quagsire(lvl46)(revive sacrifice/lucky earthquake nuker)
No Item,
Earthquake
Yawn
Headbutt
Waterfall

Gyarados(lvl31)(revive sacrifice)(surprisingly enough it IS shiny O.O doesn't see that often :P)
No item,
Waterfall
Surf
Whirlpool
Twister

and yes i know it has a bad movepool with almost only watermoves.
Your team is horribly unbalanced. You have three water types and two flying types. The best thing to fight Lance's Gyarados is a good electric type move, which will do 400% damage. I would suggest either training up an electric type to replace Gyarados or Fearow or else teaching Thunderbolt or Thunder to one of your existing Pokemon. You also NEED more ice/dragon type coverage. Blizzard has only 5 PP and is extremely inaccurate. You're better off using Ice Beam or Avalanche to face Lance's dragons.

You suffer mostly from repetitive movesets and type repeats. I would strongly recommend assembling a new team. You shouldn't be having this much trouble against a Gyarados. With the right moves in your arsenal, it should go down in one to two hits, three at most.

If you're looking for a new team member, I would recommend Ampharos.