View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Elecii Offline

Default Re: Referee Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
The idea as it stands (and for the record, I don't like it) is that amateur refs would be paid maybe $2 for every round they do, and it would potentially go as extra credit towards becoming an official ref.

That's actually exactly why I don't like it. We (that is to say, myself, Paperfairy and 3m0d0ll) would have to run around correcting amateur hour reffing, which frankly is a waste of our time. We might as well be reffing the rounds ourselves then.
Ah, ok that makes sense.

Yeah, I agree, it's not really a good idea. It would just mean more work for officials - and yeah, it would be like you're doing the reffing yourself anyway, in which case there would be no need for the volunteer referees.

Since reffing takes a lot of time and effort, there is a need for quite a lot of referees.

I can't really think of any ideas at the moment, but maybe lowering the limit on battles to only two? That way there will be less battles, and there won't be as much work for lots of referees. I know thta isn't a great idea either, but it may be one idea to solving the referee issue without actually having to get more referees through letting anyone ref.

i can't love you more than this