View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
I'm just throwing ideas out so if I start sounding like a drill sergeant I apologize in advance. For some reason I thought there was like a bunch of refs. Makes sense as to why none of the battles were getting replied to. I also noticed some people have started more than two or three separate battles. Myself included. But it might make it a little easier on the refs if everyone was restricted to no more than two separate battles and the refs 3 month time frame to make a ref call be change to like once every four days or a week at the most. Maybe they wouldn't have to go through all of the battles waiting but atleast to have a good dent put in them so as to take some load off everyone else. After a month of not posting as a ref, they won't even be remembered, let alone 3 lol. I'm not trying to offend no one but if one doesn't have easy access to a computer then they really won't be very beneficial to the cause here. I imagine this will get pretty big anyways cause its a cross between anime battling and roleplay/story writing. I have even cut time on my own forum as a mod to do this. lol
Okay, let's be clear here. Battles are being reffed. I don't know where your getting this idea that "none of the battles are being replied to" because they are, and even a cursory readthrough of the currently active battles shows that.

Furthermore, we're not going to reduce the time to a week. This is not a career, it's not a job, it's a fun thing for people to do for fake money. In fact, I'm fairly certain the only reason we fire anyone after three months in the first place is just to keep the list from being cluttered by inactive refs. If a person doesn't ref during a week, they're not paid. That's more than enough.

My suggestion to you is to learn to exercise patience. We're brand new, we're only just starting to get refs together, of course we're going to be a bit slow getting off the ground. Literally no one else is complaining but you.