View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:09 AM
ShadedSkies Offline

Default Re: The Human Species (PG-13)

Zerobi groaned loudly in annoyance, crossing her arms as she entered deep thought. The part of her that adored everything occult practically begged for her to pursue the stories this Pikachu was telling her, while a more rational part of her told her to stick to living a life as normal as possible.
Her very existence became deeply scarred by the events that unfolded the last time she dabbled with the unknown. Even so, her meeting with Astrid had forever proved to her that strange phenomenon are not as rare as one might think, and her frightening powers had yet to be given a rational explanation.

In the end, it came down to moving on with her life like nothing had happened, or listening to the Pikachu. To chase after a wild, unlikely dream of adventure and romance… Or listening to the Pikachu.

"Listen, this is all sounding kind of… Silly" Zerobi explained when she broke away from her trance, "The Legendary Celebi is my sister? Yeah right. I bet my father's Mew, I'm actually an oracle and my son is prophesized to bring balance to the force."
"Hah… Snappy" Pikablu scoffed, "What, you think legendary Pokémon don't have siblings?
"Come see her for yourself!" the Gallade chimed in with a cheerful expression dimming out his reddening jaw, "She IS a legendary, after all. It's not like it'll be a waste of time!"
"I don't know!" Zerobi said while shaking her confused head, "What do you think, Lucario?"
"Like I said, we don't really have a destination" Lucario replied quickly with a nonchalant shrug, "Oh, and I should mention that I have NO idea what anyone's talking about. What, your sister's a celebrity?"
"… Are you joking?" the Gallade asked with a condescending tone, "The Legendary Celebi! Mother nature and all that!"
"Legendary celebrity or not, whatever happens…" Lucario replied, looking at the mark he had left on the Gallade's face, "… So, like, do we team up now? Or keep fighting to the death?"
"To the death…?" the Gallade repeated with a horrified expression, "I-I wasn't even going to hit you in the face, you were planning on killing me!?"
"… Naaaahhhh…" Lucario drew out the word with a smug smile on his face, sending a chill through the Gallade's spine.
"Pikablu! This guy's crazy!" the Gallade turned his head and pleaded with his partner, "We can't bring them along!"

"… Pikablu? Wait…" Zerobi whispered to herself while rummaging through her memory banks to locate the familiar name, "Wait wait wait… I read about that! In Occult Magazine #53!"
"Occult Magazine? Hyahahaha!" the Gallade laughed loudly, "You read that garbage!?"
"I used to live in Cerulean City, and was quite surprised to read about it" Zerobi said, ignoring the Gallade's even more familiar mocking of her favorite magazine. She remembered how she had been worried that it had something to do with Evo's Gate or Astrid, but…
"From what I remember, it was a natural disaster…?” she said with a questioning tone.
"Nah, that’s just what they told the public…" Pikablu said with a confident smile, “Truth is, it was all me!”
"… Yeah right. What's in a name?" Zerobi said slowly as another memory popped up "There already was some guy that got named after the incident, some 'legendary trio' that…"
"… Was awesome?" Pikablu finished her sentence as she trailed off, an odd thought striking her.
"Y-Yes… A trio…" she said with a dazzled voice, trying to make sense out of her thoughts, "A… A Pikachu… A-And…" She suddenly became silent, staring at the three Pokémon in front of her with new eyes.

"… What!? You're… You're serious!?" she exclaimed in surprise, "You're The Legendary Trio!?"
"You bet!" the Gallade said with a wink, "Well, two thirds, anyway. Kabuta here's a stand-in."
"Might as well tell you what's really going on" Pikablu said, his throat becoming somewhat sore from all the talking.
"Oh, goodie" Lucario muttered sarcastically, "Not to sound didactic, but shouldn't you just have started with that?"
"This Gallade, Kabutops and I are good friends with Celebi" Pikablu started explaining while giving the Gallade a silent glance, "… Some more than others. As you know, they've been hunting down strong Pokémon, and both Celebi and Kabutops were attacked and caught by a trainer not long ago."
"So we're getting them back, simple as that!" the Gallade chimed in as he dragged the attention away from Pikablu, "On a bold adventure of both romance and action!"
"Getting them back?" Zerobi asked, now beginning to ignore the Gallade as a reflex, "After they've been caught?"
"We'll work out the details of that once the trainer's down" Pikablu continued to explain, "Supposedly smashing the Pokeball to bits will set them free, if not we can just punch him until he gives in to our demands."

"… But not kill him, apparently…" Kabuta muttered angrily, having remained silent for quite a while.
"Oh yeah" Pikablu said, interrupting himself to make sure nothing slipped his mind, "This is Kabuta, daughter of Kabutops. Her brother also got hurt pretty badly by trainer, hence why she's in a foul mood."
"Bah! Like I care about him!" Kabuta shouted with a dangerous swipe of her scythe, "It was his damn fault to begin with for being such a weakling!"
"R-Right in front of Pikablu…" the Gallade stammered frightfully, "Come on! Show your brother some sympathy!"
"Don't worry, I've gotten over that" Pikablu sighed, an image of a smiling Pichu flashing through his mind, "I think you're underestimating him, though. You shouldn't forget that out of those three, he was the only one to make it back."
"Yeah, and that's why pops is…!" Kabuta roared before suddenly turning her back on them and becoming quiet. Although she was still fuming with rage, she knew better than to push her luck when talking about her brother in front of Pikablu. All her life she had been associated with her twin, even though they were nothing alike.
It drove her crazy. Forced to spend her life with a weak, indecisive sibling, all because they were tied together by blood… And nothing else.

"… OK, so what if I am Celebi's sister? What am I to do?" Zerobi broke the silence with a hint of worry in her voice, "Are we going to start braiding each other's hair, or is she going to force me on a journey through time?"
"I think she just wants to see you" Pikablu said with sincerity, even though he himself wasn't exactly sure, "Friendliest being you'll ever meet. Seeing how nicely she treated her assailant, I can't imagine how she'll treat her sister!"
"… Assailant?" Zerobi asked.
"Uh… I'll let Celebi fill you in on that" Pikablu replied, "If anything becomes of this, that is. What do you say?"
"Tch…" Zerobi spat, thinking over her decision one last time, "… Alright, fine, but the whole touch-inappropriately heads-rolling thing is still in effect."
"We'll keep that in mind…" Pikablu said calmly before fixing a stare into the Gallade"… Won't we?"
"Hey, I'm not touching the Lucario's girl" the Gallade said while waving his arms back and forth, "I've fought that guy enough to last me a lifetime."
"About that…" Zerobi muttered slowly while looking at Lucario, "We're not a couple, we're just traveling together."
"Yep" Lucario said, "I'm married to the law, and I don't want to make it any more jealous."

Lucario paused for laughter as everyone became silent.

"… You know, since I'm on the run…" Lucario tried explaining, the moment for the joke clearly having passed.
"I just barely get it" Pikablu groaned as he looked at Zerobi, "We really don't need him. You sure you want him to come?"
"Yeah" Zerobi responded quickly, "I'll feel safer to have someone I can trust with me."
"… Pah…" Lucario grunted as he felt embarrassed, and a memory of the penguin-like being surfaced, "To think that anyone'd trust me after…"
"Alright, you're on the team" Pikablu said bluntly while waving back to the Gallade, "No more jokes, I already have it up to here with this sissy."
"HEY!" the Gallade exclaimed with a hurt voice, "I fought, didn't I!? I totally kicked his butt, and looked cool while doing it!"
"Yeah, you're a real hero" Pikablu snapped back sarcastically, "Don't forget your camera."
"Don't forget your genitalia, either…" Kabuta said as she was emulating Pikablu, "… Oh, wait! Way too late for that!"

Everyone started laughing as the Gallade scrambled back to pick up his camera. Even though they were unfamiliar with each other, the two teams joined forces and began their journey towards rescuing Kabutops and Celebi, gaining both new determination and experience in the process.

What?

The Legendary Trio is evolving!

Congratulations!

The Legendary Trio evolved into The Legendary Quintet!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Oh, Snivy... This is not the way it should be..."

"Pikablu? He's... Okay!"

"A premonition... Kabutops...!"

"Cyon, my love... Wait a little longer..."

"Pikablu... Where... Are you...?"

"Come Back To Me Soon!"

"... Eve. One of these days, I will..."

"Ast... Take care of them..."

"Hmpf. I know I shouldn't worry, but..."

"Please, Stay Safe!"