View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: A WAR Proposition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Ok, I think that would work out way better because Battleship really isnít like a normal board game. And getting to attack one another does seem a bit more like a war, huh? Iím sure there will probably be a board master or something that knows all the teamsí boards. Sounds like it would definitely be different.

I just have to ask something. You said that if a teamís airport was destroyed, they couldnít use the air strike from winning graphic art (yes I know it was an example, just going with that ^^í). What if that's the only category a team member takes part in? I know there will be possibility for repairing the airport, but will that team member still be able to compete for something to benefit the team from graphic art? In other words, do you think it would work to have maybe two assets to choose from in each category?
Well, in this scenario, unlike the game Battleship, everyone can see all the details and layout of everyone else's bases. The board master just needs to update the images with recent changes.

Even if a team's airport gets destroyed, that doesn't stop the team from earning more air strikes. And honestly, its pretty rare for a team member to only be able to take part in one category. But even so, earning air strikes to ensure they don't up in the hands of enemy teams is still a valid strategy, even if the team can't use them just yet until they get their airport repaired.