View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The Role Play Forge - RP Creation Teamwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
That was one of the classes you know, right? Yeah, you will be able to chose among those three tribes for your character.

So, anything else? I'm liking the way this RP is developing so far, but I'm sure there's at least one more thing we can add.
That kind of all depends on how open you are. You could always borrow elements from something that could be considered another genre, such as fantasy, horror, and such. As long as it has a role and place and you can tie it in with the storyline with some ease, it can fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
I can't believe I forgot the heretics motives. *facepalms* That's what you get for writing at 1am.

Okay, so...I favor mysticism over tech type things as tech is not my forte. Unless you get into arcane tech then thats the best of both worlds and then I can wing it and use all four branches of science I unknowingly took in highschool.
Mysticism and tech stuff can go hand in hand, just as long as they have a way of connecting. Arcane tech is pretty cool, so you can always consider that an option also.

Quote:
Anyway, heretics motives would be to keep Arceus and the others in hibernation until they could reshape the world anew. They would be out to replace Arceus with something they had more control over. I'm thinking they would try to find a way to modify Genesect to become the new god of all.

Also of how Arceus' soul and the others were damaged. I'm thinking that the Type Plates in which Arceus uses to Multitype with were broken into three pieces [more or less] and it hit the other three, being close to being able to manipulate the fabrics of reality. The other Legendary Pokemon would have had a blow to them as well, lessening their abilities in some way. Their souls could slowly start to degrade on their own unless a human was willing to strain part of their own to keep one alive. Little tidbit of info there.
I don’t know much about Genesect yet, but that’s also a possibility. The means on how it happened are definitely workable and still flexible. I think as long as you answer the question one way or another that makes the RP storyline interesting and dynamic, you will have a good chance at making a decent RP.

Quote:
I like your Black Vertigo idea. I shall use the name. Seeing as if the Gray Brotherhood [using that too] did succeed in turning Genesect into 'Omnisect' it'd be a whole different world. They would do this by finding pieces of the previous type plates and synthesizing them together into an Omni Plate within Genesect. They would only need a small fragment of each plate to do so, leaving bits of the other plates for other use.

So these bits of the other plates could be fused into weapons or devices or armor that grant powers to the person wearing it or a special weapon with special powers to it. We could give these to Black Vertigo members, who use their special equipment to also protect themselves as they go back through time VIA Celebi's help [being the only time traveller awake, I know it's so Pokemon 4Ever but pX] from time strain. However, Black Vertigo members having travelled through time would of had to give up the gift of death [yes I said gift] and they would never age again, forever trapped in whatever time, age and such they left in. They can still be murdered but that's not really death coming o it's own, that's brought on a person. Hence why I said gift of death. I know it may confuse others so I'm gonna reword it.
I love the way you think, Ryu. Very good ideas.

Quote:
So...in the sense of the main conflict...we could say that Black Vertigo screwed up their plans or were compromised by a spy/traitor, thus their tech helped put the legendary's into a full on hibernation. With the plates smashed, Arceus could have more than likely rebuilt them with Palkia but if they are already hurting from the loss of the plates, the tech issue just kicks them when they're down.

And I just realized I got the good guy bad guy bit of each faction mixed up...okay well hopefully you get what I meant >_<
I blame the Assassin's Creed nightmare I had last night. I don't even own the game. *shudders*
Betrayals are always fun elements to a storyline. But yeah, those are definitely workable plans, its just a matter of which ones you feel like picking.

Quote:
Anyway...so with the plate fragments giving others powers and the ability to resist 'Zone Damage' we'll call it. Seeing as the Black Vertigo people would have given up the gift of death, they would be trapped out of the time flow forever. [Time Hollow bit yes] Anyone else from the present time could protect themselves from being taken out of the flow of time with the special plate equipment, but only for so long until they start to lose themselves out of time.

Hell maybe even the Scarlet Lance managed to follow the Black Vertigo into the present to try and help the Brotherhood wage a war or something.
You could always get the Scarlet Lance involved as well, and give them their own motives, characteristics, and such. Them allying with the Gray Brotherhood would be interesting as well, though I wouldn’t make the Scarlet Lance stronger than Black Vertigo, I would make them different in a unique way that gives them some kind of competitive advantage, but doesn’t make the Black Vertigo side unappealing by having the Gray Brotherhood + Scarlet Lance have more variance of/stronger abilities. Otherwise, people will flock to the side that has more customizable options. Not to mention people generally tend to favor protagonist roles, and since Black Vertigo are pretty much the antagonists, its something to keep in mind.

Worst case, make Black Vertigo stronger. Its much better to have stronger antagonists where a tough challenge is presented to the protagonists than to have the protagonists making a punching bag out of the bad guys. The later tends to get boring quickly, but the former presents challenges, possible storyline twists, and so on.

Quote:
Did I mention I love this thread?
*Looks above*

Maybe we should just call it the “Pimp My RP, Neo Pikachu!” thread. :P

Would be nice to see other people's ideas and thoughts on these RPs.