View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Gay/Les/Bi-Sexual/Straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Except that those people's interpretations are not theirs. They never had the opportunity to objectively look at the original text with the language in the correct context, and form their own interpretation of what it means. Frankly, unless you can read Hebrew and read the original Hebrew bible, neither did you. Few people have. Nowhere in the Bible is homosexuality explicitly condemned, except in one particular instance which is, as a point of fact, either a mistranslation or a translation lost to time (I'm unaware if the word "abomination" was ever actually equivalent to "teovah" during the evolution of Latin or English). The people teaching religious studies, as well as all the other Christians and Orthodox Jews who go on about this, are really just parroting what they're told (Muslims I'm going to give a pass on this one since their book isn't supposed to be studied in its translated form, is meant to be taken literally, and most likely says something different, of which I am not aware.)
The original Torah was written in Aramaic, not in Hebrew. And all the Abrahamic religions, hell, ALL RELIGIONS in general are all simple interpretations of nature, human interaction, etc.

And, as I am a history and technology buff, the ancient Greeks fully accepted homosexual tendencies, and even allowed men to marry each other.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.