View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 PM
garjmp Offline
Banned
Master Trainer

Default Re: What was YOUR game of the year?

Okay, I just played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (my first AC game), well, a lot for the past week. The last few open world games I played before this game were Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, and Crackdown. After beating all of those games and doing some sidequests and stuff, I was kind of turned off by open world gameplay. However, I decided to pick up Assassin's Creed because my brother got it for Christmas. It's pretty looking and fun, and a nice change from my usual games that involve shooting things. Climbing and jumping from things is much funner and cooler than Crackdown once you get the controls. Furthermore, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has a lot of things to collect, take over, and do, all in the campaign. 100%-ing this game beyond achievements won't be a chore, but actually fun, yet still slightly challenging. It also has a fresh multiplayer mode, and timed missions to compete for a leaderboard spot.

Anyway, I've concluded that AC Brotherhood deserves my game of the year award. I've also concluded that shooting and open world isn't really that fun, or isn't anymore. Shooting games are best in multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
I'm not a fanboy, I'm actually anti-cod(halo/CS <3). However, being in a cod clan kinda enforces you to play it quite often.
the online is terrible, the napalm strike is far FAR too glitchy, it takes far far too many bullets to kill a person for the cod play style. they tried to slow down the play and make it more tactical, which they utterly failed at.
lol, it's pretty much the same multiplayer in terms of speed. It takes one more bullet with no Stopping Power available for some guns, killstreaks aren't as fun/powerful, there is no OMA Grenade Launcher spam, and snipers are nerfed. The change in speed is hardly noticeable, and if 1 extra bullet is "far far too many bullets", maybe you need to aim better.

Last edited by garjmp; 01-04-2011 at 07:37 PM.