View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:15 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon
Default Re: {RP} Sonic: Distant Worlds {RP} (Sign ups are open)

Nyx Itzel
~~~~~

Thin prinpricks of bright light filtered through the numerous cracks in the forest canopy. The sound of cicadas chirring and most likely other insects echoed throughout the quiet woods. Despite this aforementioned light illuminating most of the area, some spots were completely covered in darkness, and that was where one lone, small wolf was silently treading.

Nyx kept to the shadows, carefully making his way over large tree roots almost the same size as him and various other obstacles that most would fall victim to for easily overlooking. This place has a calm, almost soothing atmosphere to it...There's something amiss, though. But for the life of me, I can't place my finger on it... For this reason, he made sure to keep his senses sharp, graphite-grey irises darting around as he observed every miniscule thing he passed by. His train of thought was interrupted as he lightly leaped over a petrified log, but it soon continued. It shouldn't be too much longer before I reach that city that frog told me about a couple of days ago..

Nyx shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts as the memories of last week came flooding back. It's strange, though. What kind of disease could that have been? The event he was referring started quite simple. He was passing through a small town near the woods he was traversing now. It wasn't the most populated of towns, but it was still quite bustling, as the creatures living there were all busy completing some form of task; whether it be the children playing peacefully, or the adults conversing with eachother over a meal.

Everything was perfectly fine until, suddenly, a shrill scream resonated from origins unknown. Everyone, including Nyx, whirled around with suprise to see a few people carrying a tiny girl on a makeshift stretcher. He didn't get a good look at her, but her yelling was so many decibals loud that Nyx had to cover his ears. It hurt even more due to the honed hearing of the species of wolves, and he likened it to the shout of a banshee. The kid was literally throwing a fit, twisting and writhing around. She was carried inside of a huge hut moments after Nyx had this agonizing thought. He only stayed for a few minutes after that, for he was too, although he was loathe to admit it, frightened and slightly shooken up to stay around much longer. He did overhear one of the townspeople say something about a 'mutation' as he walked by the hut. Just before he left, he questioned one of the locals, an emerald-green frog, about this incident. The animal merely shook his head and replied, "If you really want to find out more, then head east through the woods. You should reach the city in just a few days."

His thoughts came back to the present as he noticed a break in the trees. There's only one way to find out what's going on...And I'm afraid it might not be terribly pleasant...
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."