View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Silvyre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: How often do you write?

My process:

1) Play a really cool game. (ie Pokemon White, FINAL FANTASY IV *joytear*)
2) OMG, I WANNA WRITE A STORY ABOUT DIS AHSUM GAME. ITZ SO KEWL!!!
3) Develop characters, basic plot, setting, important stuff, etc.
4) Write the first chapter.
5) Two options:
- 1. "Ugh, this sucks. I'm not gonna finish this." = The series... will never be touched again >_>
- 2. "THIS IS GREAT!!!!1 ZOMG!!11! I LUV IT!!" = The story goes on :D It usually lasts around ten to fifteen chapters, haha.

That's what usually happens... it's easier for me to write short stories. I have such a bad problem with finishing big projects, anyway.

Most of the time I'm really busy with school and other stuff, so I tend to focus on that. But when I'm overworked or when I have lots of free time - like on breaks - I find myself writing a lot, be it out of anger, inspiration, or just for pleasure. It takes my mind away from things. It's mostly when I'm inspired or have an idea that I want to expand on. And when inspiration hits, I'll stay up until dark o'clock to get it all on [virtual] paper.

Sometimes, though, I'll just start typing and see what comes out. If it's a good day, I'll like it and continue. If it's an off day, then... it's an off day. *shrug*

...weelll, I'm sure that was helpful xD Basically I go by my gut feeling, but I'd say at least once a week, at least with a little poem or short story (I call them excerpts).

Banner by Arate || Behind the Eyes of Cipher
Look at its beauty! <--- Made by WWotS, fellow lover of Shadow Lugia. :o