View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: Could we manage without technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
If all I had was Nate's word that a college professor magically walked into his room and backed his friend up, I'd call bullshit. You cannot just say something in a debate and expect people to believe you. Everything you say, unless it is a matter of logic or opinion, must be verifiable, no matter how trustworthy the guy on the forum saying it is. As we are on an internet forum, verification here typically takes the form of a link. "I know this guy who says this" is not a valid presentation of evidence in any form of debate whatsoever. And if an expert in the subject posted in this thread, I would expect to see evidence that he is an expert, not just "I am an expert because I say so".
Ah now I understand. But none the less would you say his evidence is valid if an expert, who hypothetically could find a way to prove his identity to you, backs Khaj's friend up? You aren't wrong about the anonymity of the internet making hearsay less believable I just want to make sure I understand what a valid source would be besides cited text.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG