View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Rolitalatina43 Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post

Oh wait, you were serious.

Communism is equality in misery. When everything is shared, no one has anything. Communism might work for ants and bees, but not people.

As for leaking classified documents, there's a difference between "Freedom of Speech" and "Freedom to do whatever the hell I want." I don't believe Wikileaks has done anything worthy of being called journalism. The government has as much a right to keep its own secrets as any other person or organization, especially when releasing the secrets could potentially harm its country or other countries. What would have happened had Wikileaks been around in the 1940s and released information about the Manhattan Project to the world? It's not comparable to China blocking information about Tibet. It is reasonable for a government to keep private its private operations. It is not reasonable for a government to block access to information about what it's doing to its populace.
So what your saying basically is that it's okay for the government to keep secrets from it's citizens about things that also concerns it citizens and their social and economic welfare. Basically what you don't know can''t hurt you right?
That is what your saying, cause that's what it sounds like...