View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 12:29 AM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: [RP] The Secrets of Fells Church PG-13 (edited and redone)

The streets were surprisingly empty as the twins walked silently down the sidewalk. Maybe everyone was out doing something somwhere? Or were they just in a less active part of town?

In the moments of silence between passing cars and pedestrians, Ichiru could have sworn he heard Ashley's voice coming from the direction of the woods. It couldn't possibly have been her, though; she had left to go home - in the opposite direction of the woods. Unless she'd come down this route and cut back through...

He shook his head. Why was he worrying about it anyway? Where she was and what she was doing didn't concern him.

"Ichiru?"

The elder twin looked at Kiseki, whose gaze was currently on the pavement.

"Yeah?"

"What happened?" Kiseki looked up at Ichiru, who responded to his gaze with a confused expression. The younger twin continued, "What happened that made you stay gone for so long? Did someone kidnap you? Did you run away? What was it?"

Ichiru looked away, the slightest hint of a smile on his face. "You're as persistent as always..."

Kiseki watched his brother intently during the silence that followed. He opened his mouth, preparing to question him again when suddenly the elder twin looked up.

"Ah, we're here."

"Ichiru--"

"I'll tell you when we get inside." Ichiru glanced back at Kiseki, heading up a set of stairs which led to the second story of an apartment building. The younger twin sighed, following Ichiru into his place. He placed his bag beside the couch, sitting down quietly as Ichiru disappeared into an open doorway, re-emerging without his backpack.

"So?" Kiseki gave his brother a hard stare as he sat on the couch as well. Ichiru looked at the ground for several moments before finally speaking.

"When I went to the grocery store that day, I ran into a strange woman. She told me that she knew where Mom was."

Kiseki's shock was clear in his expression. "Mom?! Did she ever tell you?"

"No." Ichiru's response made Kiseki's gaze fall. "I can't remember exactly what happened even to this day; all I remember is waking up in a dark alley with a pool of blood around me."

"You don't know what she did to you?" Kiseki furrowed his brow in disbelief. "How would that make you stay away for two years?"

"I don't think you're ready to hear that yet..."

"What?! Ichiru, you promised you'd tell me!"

"I will, just... not now. It's too soon." Ichiru finally looked at Kiseki, who had an obviously upset expression on his face. "Just trust me on this."

"....What about Mom?" Kiseki spoke again after a few moments of silence. "Did you ever find out anything about her?"

"No."

Kiseki sighed, looking at the ground. "What could possibly be so bad that you can't tell me yet? I'm your brother, Ichiru. You can tell me anything." He looked back at Ichiru with a slight glare. "I haven't seen you in two years now - almost three. Don't I deserve some sort of explanation?"

Silence.

"Ichiru!"

"Have you ever heard about the supernatural history of this town?" Kiseki looked at his brother in confusion when he finally spoke again.

"Just a little. All I know is witches, vampires and werewolves used to live here among the people. Why?" Kiseki thought for a moment in the silence that followed his answer. His mind instantly went back to what had happened when he'd run into the girl before school that morning. He'd later learned in gym class that her name was Bonnie. As realization struck, he jumped up from the couch, turning to face Ichiru, which seemed to catch the elder twin off guard. "Is it possible that there are still supernatural beings here?"

"Why do you ask?" Ichiru looked at Kiseki calmly.

"Well, today, I ran into this girl right before school started. When I collided with her, this burst of energy came out from around us and made a bunch of lockers fly open."

Ichiru thought back to when he'd seen the open lockers upon arriving in the school's hallway.

"I see... Did you happen to catch her name?"

"Not at that moment, but I heard the gym teacher call her Bonnie in class." Kiseki responded. He noticed the look of surprise on Ichiru's face. "What?"

"...Bonnie?" Ichiru remembered the odd sensation he'd gotten when her hand had brushed his. If this was the same person Kiseki was talking about, then what he'd thought was true. He'd already encountered another vampire in the graveyard, and now there was a possibility that Bonnie was a witch. Were there really supernatural beings still living in Fells Church? Well, besides him, of course. And the lady who'd turned him...

"What's wrong?" Kiseki watched Ichiru stand up and head toward the door. "Where are you going?"

"I just need some air." Ichiru turned and faked a smile for his brother. "I'll explain later."

Kiseki huffed in frustration as his twin walked out the door. "That's what you said earlier!"

OoC: Sorry for the massive post of fail; I honestly couldn't think of anything.

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Last edited by DarkAmethyst; 11-25-2010 at 01:42 AM.