View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Election Day 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
I don't know about the Neo-Nazis, but I as an Independent would like a voice. Not that I'll ever get one, what with being essentially forced to choose between two candidates I get absolutely no say in or else be wasting my vote.
Independents really CAN'T have a voice. Since they're well, independent, they aren't a party and therefore can't form a collective loud enough to have a voice. By nature, independents all have their own agendas and their own thoughts, meaning their voices turn into a rabble like that in a high school cafeteria, rather than a single unified voice. It's not a problem with the party system, it's just the inherent nature of a group of nonaffiliated people.

And I honestly don't think Palin has a chance in a presidential election. And if she does get elected, I will accept the fact that America's golden age is well and truly over and that its downfall is going to be the history of my lifetime.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."