View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Thumbs down Re: Battling Center Feedback: Now with new thought! =9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Okay, bumping this topic up for a rather serious post regarding to the PE2K.

Me and the staff of PE2K have been trying to find ways of improving our battling center. Let's face it, the place is barely active, with four main clans and no war occuring for goodness knows how long. The battling center is a dying subforum and I think we all know this.

But that may all be about to change. I'd like members of the clans in this board to post their opinions and suggestions on this somewhat controversial subject.

The PE2K staff have devised ways to improve this place. First was the implementation of the following rules: (note that these haven't been put into practice. Don't worry, the purpose of this post isn't to change the battling center right now, but just to see what others would think/feel about them. If you don't like them, feel free to say so. I plan to make a poll on the following, I'll link to it once it is made.)
  • Rule Suggestion #1: Somewhat minor, but all new clans must have at least 6 members instead of 5 to become official. This makes becoming an official clan that little bit harder, and so if it doesn't work out then the members can join the current clans (if any space).
  • Rules Suggestion #2: All clans must have at least two wifi battlers, two shoddy/pokelab battlers and one PO battler before a clan WAR can be declared between two clans. This allows diversity in clans and in clan WARs, instead of having one type of battler saturated in one clan.
  • Rule Suggestion #3: Now, this is the highly controversial one. I think that the maximum amount of members in one clan should be cut from 15 to 10. With 3 clans with 15 members each, no one can join any clans due to the current limit, and new members aren't likely to start up their own clan anytime soon. Yes, this rule does imply that 5 members from each clan need to leave / be kicked, and I know many of you will not like this. However, that means 15 members will be clanless, and that means at least 2 new clans will be created. At the moment, Burning Inferno can disregard this rule, with only 8 members present.
  • Rule Suggestion #4: This rule is only imposed in some clans. I'd like to make it a rule across the board. If a member is not active (i.e: posting at least once a week) then they shall be kicked. This opens up space for newer, more active member to join.

Opinions and suggestions are very much appreciated. Feel free to suggest more rules if necessary.

FEEDBACK: and this is from a clan leader here. Its seems as something has happened over the course of my being here on the forums.
I must admit this is going to be a jumble / rant but I asure you I have some valid points.
I was @ some point and time a lurker on the site for give or take a year before I actually joined, the whole point is i was one of those clanless people looking for a fight .

*Rule Suggestion #1: all i can do and say is *shrugs shoulders. personally speaking I now know how hard and dedicated one must be to keep a clan active becoming official is one thing. keeping active is another. so if you make the list kuods- dont give up.

*Rules Suggestion #2: you really want me to impose yet another distraction to my clan members from their already hard enough training. I DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A **ck but if the members of what ever clan and already doing so (multi platform pkmn) then they would or are already battling by those means.
my clan stands alone here in that we're all wifi and it for a better description feels like we're the legit humans in Zion from the matrix movies.
what im really trying to say is you're not going to try and disband my clan for choosing to play the original and intended way to play competitive battling will you?
MOREOVER what you plan to change it so that a legit Clan War consist of one battle per platform.. thats just a way for you to MONOPOLIZE so your dominating things(from my POV)

*Rule Suggestion #3: this is just as controversial as the jfk assasination or Area 51...
Scuba did it before once when my clan was out and about and look where the battle centre is now.. from my stand point it went from 20 or 19 to 15 with the very intensions you're likely trying to impose.
the point is evident cutting up the clans yet again later in the year is an attempt to have complete and utter controll of the forums.
if more clans you seek why not just break off from the #1 clan you're in and start a clan on your own. we all know DSL has his clan undercontrol and maybe someone with your newly appointed status can gather a new clan amoung us, and keep it active.
(no disrespect to anyone)

*Rule Suggestion #4: kicked from what pe2k for ?.? studying daily for school, doing the karate or Kung Jistu.? my point here is I know your intent is to keep people doing thing here in pe2k but how does that work if you plan to KICK THEM ... when families go on vaca's maybe what if I get arrested on a fun weekend.. my GF dont know my passcodes to tell people..

Kudos to EBM and djtiny for putting it out there.
Overall I give this 2 thumbs down.

Pokérus Empire