View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:38 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: [RP] The Secrets of Fells Church PG-13 (edited and redone)

It seemed to be an eternity before the final bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. This time, Ichiru was one of the first out of the classroom, making his way down the hallway to his locker.

After putting away what he didn't need, he slung his pack back over his shoulder, slamming the locker closed by accident. The sound echoed off of the hallway walls, and a few passing students turned to look at him in question, although he ignored them and started heading toward the front door of the school. He'd wanted to see Kiseki again, but was it really worth all of this high school crap? Technically, he was old enough not to have to go anymore, if he counted his years of being a Vampire. It wasn't like he wasn't smart enough to get through life.

With a sigh, he pushed open the double doors leading out to the front of the school, descending the stairs silently. Crowds of students were already scattered about, all talking about separate subjects among themselves, one of which, that Ichiru could hear being the upcoming holiday, Halloween, as well as the annual Masquerade Ball that the mayor of the town was going to be holding at his mansion. Ichiru remembered hearing something about it before he had been turned into a Vampire, but neither he nor Kiseki had ever attended, that he knew of. He doubted Kiseki had gone during the time he'd been away, since he had never really shown much interest in it.

It seemed that Jeremy, Bonnie and Ashley had already left - to where, he had no clue. It wasn't any of his business anyway. He had no problem walking to and from school, since his apartment was only a little ways down the street - only about five or ten minutes of walking, which of course was no problem for a Vampire.

However, as Ichiru started toward the street, rapid footsteps caught his attention, and he whirled around out of instinct, just before a familiar teenage boy crashed into him. Ichiru didn't budge much more than a bit of a stumble, but the boy fell backwards onto the ground with a startled yelp.

"I-I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going.... Again." He looked up at Ichiru with a sheepish smile, which brought both teens to freeze in shock. "I...Ichiru?" There was a brief moment of silence then before he jumped up, bringing Ichiru to take a step back from pure instinct reaction. "I thought I'd never see you again!"

A few heads were turned by the students around them as he hugged the older boy tightly, bringing a small smile to the Vampire's lips.

"To be honest, I didn't think you'd want to see me again," he responded with a small chuckle. "How have you been, Kiseki?"

"Are you kidding?" The younger twin released his brother and stepped back. "I only stayed here because I was waiting for you to come back one day."

"How did you know I would come back?"

"I actually didn't, I was just hoping..." Kiseki's smile faded briefly, but returned shortly after, and he attacked Ichiru with another hug. "I'm so glad you're okay! I thought that something had happened to you like with mom..."

Ichiru bit the inside of his lip, having caught Kiseki's human scent. He hadn't gotten any blood since before school that morning, so it was safe to assume that he was pretty thirsty by now. His brother being so close to him didn't really help the matter either, but what was he supposed to tell him? This was the first time they'd seen each other in awhile, after never being separated their entire lives. Besides, this wasn't the place to tell Kiseki what had happened, with all of the others around.

"You're really cold," Kiseki observed, releasing his brother once more and looking at him with concern. "Do you want to borrow my hoodie?"

"No, I'm fine." Ichiru offered a smile, bending down to pick up Kiseki's bag, which had fallen on the ground when he'd been knocked down, and had obviously been forgotten by the teen when he'd seen Ichiru.

"Are you sure?" Kiseki took the bag, sliding the strap over his shoulder. Recieving a simple nod as a response, he decided to change the subject. "So.. what exactly happened to you these past few years? Where did you go?"

"This isn't really the place to talk about that," Ichiru responded, turning back to the sidewalk. "I'll tell you later."

"But--" Kiseki cut himself off, running to catch up with Ichiru. "Where are you living now? Do you still live in the town?"

"Yeah," the elder twin answered, nodding down the street. "I live just down the street, in the apartments."

"Oh..." Kiseki paused for a moment. "But.. now that you're back, you can come back to our house and live, right?"

"I don't think that's such a--" Ichiru fell silent when Kiseki looked at him in question, giving a smile instead. "Sure, why not?"

His brother seemed satisfied with that answer, finally falling silent. The two walked quietly down the street for several minutes. Obviously Kiseki was planning to tag along with Ichiru to the apartments, since his own house was in the opposite direction. In the distance, Ichiru could see the graveyard across the street. Beside him, Kiseki shivered, his gaze on it as well.

"I've always hated walking by that place..."

Ichiru nodded, although he honestly didn't feel that way. He didn't mind walking past the graveyard, or even going through it. It just didn't have any effect on him.

Suddenly he stopped, bringing Kiseki to halt abruptly and turn to look at his twin in question. Ichiru took a deep breath through his nose, his gaze narrowing slightly. He knew that smell all too well.

"What is it?" Kiseki's expression shifted to one of concern. When Ichiru didn't answer, he repeated himself nervously. "Ichiru, what is it?"

Ichiru looked back at Kiseki, pushing back the black veins that were fighting to break through. Even his fangs were threatening to pierce through his gums.

"Stay here." He told his twin, who looked at him indignantly.

"But--"

"Just stay here." Ichiru turned and headed across the street toward the graveyard, following the scent of fresh blood. Kiseki hung back where he'd stopped, simply obeying his brother's instruction for now.

It wasn't long before Ichiru came across a large hole in the ground amongst the tombstones. It looked as though the ground had simply fallen through.

"Please, is there someone out there?" A familiar voice yelled from within the hole, and Ichiru ran over to its edge, peering down into the darkness. He could feel strange power coming from somewhere nearby, but did his best to ignore it, searching the depths of the pit until he spotted a familiar brunette near the steep earth. She was holding her hand, and he could easily see the crimson liquid between her fingers. She was obviously the source of what he smelled earlier.

"Ashley?" He called down into the hole, pausing a moment to fight back the fangs that were slowly making themselves visible among his teeth. He stepped back as a piece of the earth gave way near the edge, but moved back soon after. "Are you okay?"

Of course he knew she wasn't entirely okay; he could easily smell the blood. But, having to pretend he was a human, he had to ask anyway.

OoC: Yay for long posts :'D

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."