View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Election Day 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedJackal View Post
I have my reasons. I don't really feel like getting too involved in this discussion, though.

I just wanted to announce that I voted ALL REPUBLICAN.
Not something to state with such absolute pride. The thing to say with absolute pride is "I voted for the absolute best candidate," which nobody in this country can say because the primary voting system and the two-party system force us to choose between candidates chosen by the most politically active of the two parties, who in turn are the most partisan and most liberal/conservative (depending on the party) members. Meaning that for the most part, the people who are elected to office are not representative of the American people or the constituents. Independents are given no say in what candidates are put into place except in a few key states, and even there we're only given the ability to influence the primaries. We don't get non-aligned candidates to vote for who have any chance of winning, and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the United States government sucks.