View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Election Day 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
Yeah. I don't like talking about politics but meh.

For me I am mad at both parties but I am mostly mad at the Republicans then Democratics. During the last two years the Republicans have been making it hard for the Democratics to do anything thus making it look like they weren't doing anything. Instead of trying to work with them they just acted like dead weight. Then they talk about cutting spending when they won't say what they will cut. Personally I say cut spending in military but enough to support the people in the services while try to focus on education and health care. The Republicans keep talking about getting rid of health care that Obama signed but they don't understand that some people actually want this like myself since I don't have any health care to begin with.

I voted mostly Democratics. They deserve a chance just like the eight years that the Republicans and two years isn't enough. Personally I am not sure if I want anything to happen in the next two years in the eyes of the public so the public can see the the Republicans were all talk and no bite.

Local side, Stupid Rick Perry won so this means more cuts to education and higher education. Two things that are close to my heart.
tbh, the Democrats don't deserve a chance. They had majority vote in both the House and the Senate. Obama could literally force every bill through if all of the Democrats vote his way. They didn't. They don't deserve a chance. On the flip side, the Republican platform also doesn't deserve a chance. So that leaves us with...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Significant budget cuts just aren't going to happen, imo. Democrats won't budge on social security and health care. Republicans won't budge on anything else. So while our spending remains stagnantly unsustainable at best, any tax cuts will out the government trillions of dollars that can't be gotten any other way.
My problem with Obama is that he budges too much to the Republicans and that the Democrats are in shambles because they lack focus. It's painfully obvious that the Republicans basically just want to shut the whole house down for 2 years, win the next election off the back of the Tea Party, and resume with status quo.

Take health care reform: the bill didn't do anything in practice. An increase of 10% for doctors who take medicare would STILL give a hefty 20% (down from 30%) hit in the doctor's paycheck. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know why that doesn't work.

Mandating on people to get insurance without a public option is like giving insurance companies money at the expense of the taxpayer. Under the current system, it's cheaper for everybody to be under single payer specifically because the insurance companies' huge margins are eating into people's expenses. It IS possible for this to work out, but Obama really needs to turn all insurance companies into non-profit "companies", and that in itself would be just as hard to get. Fortunately, that would basically be a very similar system to the German system (once they become non-profit). Unfortunately, I think it's just easier to go single-payer so that preventive medicine can do its job better, and so the US isn't so reliant on EMTALA (which in itself is an incredibly non-sensible law).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedJackal View Post
Straight Republican ticket here.

Republican =/=
In fact, Democrat =/= either
I have very little understanding of why anyone would WANT to vote Republican other than "Gleen Beck said so", "Palin", "the church said so", or "I'm insane".