Thread: NASCAR Mess
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 10:07 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default NASCAR Mess

News story: http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...v=st&type=lgns

Basically, fans of Dale Earnhardt Jr., who came in second, wasn't happy with second place and the conditions of it. So what did they do? Caused a mess (see above picture). That's not exactly the most shocking thing in the world, fans not bahaving properly, but what Dale Earnhardt Jr said, that was shocking.

"Each little beer can out there has a little message on it," Earnhardt said. "What that message is, we don't all really know for sure. I don't think they really trashed the place. They were expressing themselves in the only manner they saw fit. You see one beer can go on the track and you can expect to see more following it."

So it's okay, to express yourself, even if it's wrong? So, by Earnhardt Jr's standards, would "expressing" yourself by killing someone be right? When someone murders a person, doesn't that person express themselves the only manner they saw fit? By murdering the person. Okay, so this ain't murder, far from it, but when I read that, it can be used in the same argument for murder. "Each little bullet out there has a little message on it... expresing themselves in a matter they saw fit... you see one murder and you can expect to see more following it." I was expecting him to issue a statement more towards the line of "Eventhough I am frustrated like the fans, I do not believe that's the healthy way to express our anger."

My favorite line of his has to be: "I don't think they really trashed the place." And then I stared at the image again:

For those that haven't seen NASCAR before, that stuff on the track aren't supposed to be there.