View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 04:32 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The Fell War Saga <A Bleach RP> [RP] =REVIVED=

Diego Dakkan, Soul Reaper, Division 5 Lieutenant
World of the Living, Outskirts of Karakura Town
Holders

Kasai Fenikkusu had led me toward the outskirts of town, a forgotten area that seemed to have been abandoned long ago. Truthfully, while most would consider this a questionable lead, I actually took it as a good sign that explained why no one found this particular Fell Stone yet. If it had landed in plain sight in front of many people, someone would have found it easily.

Eventually, what I ended up facing was the collapsed entrance of what must have been a mine of some sorts. The area around hadn’t been used in centuries, though I could tell from the remnants of the mining and excavation encampment, the tools, and the ruins of whatever buildings used to be here that the area hadn’t seen a living soul in centuries. From the outside, it appeared to be of no particular interest. Chances were good the mine was shut down for whatever reasons, whether the minerals or metals had been exhausted, or if something else had been responsible for the mine’s closure.

“In there, I bet.” I spoke, focusing on my Zanpakutō as I looked at the collapsed entrance of the mine.

“Bingo,” Kasai Fenikkusu told me, “Something in that old joint is a lot of heat in a tiny little ball, something that dazzles even lil’ old me.”

“I trust your intuition,” I told Kasai Fenikkusu. “I’ll head inside, and see what I can find. From what I see, its been many centuries since anyone has come here to this mine.”

This was actually a good sign. It would explain why this particular Fell Stone had never been found before. No one would think to check in a place like this. And as I could tell, only beings that had a strong knowledge and intuition of fire would be able to sense such a presence. That excluded Hollows, Soul Reapers, Quincy, and essentially all of the others.

“Ha ha, yeah, sure has!” Kasai Fenikkusu exclaimed with excitement. “And hey, do you see what I see?”

“Hmm, I think I do…” I replied, glancing at the area around me, and then at the collapsed tunnel entrance. “The surroundings appear older, as I can tell this equipment and these ruins have long aged. The tunnel collapse, however, is more recent. It may explain why the stone is in there. It must have fallen in after the mine was abandoned, but before the tunnel had collapsed. That also implies that the collapse was natural as a result of age instead of being a manmade incident.”

“Actually no, I didn’t mean that!” Kasai Fenikkusu replied, laughing a bit. “Though wow, that is a good observation! I was actually talking about those flowers over there! They seem to be in bloom late this year for some reason!”

I nodded, not really all that concerned about that. I looked ahead at the entrance to the mine, knowing I was going to have to clear the way to get in. The tools here were long gone, and I knew that trying to clear the tunnel path through conventional means would be time-consuming, especially to a Soul Reaper that knew how to use Kidō. There was a much quicker way to get this done, and a smarter way also. I didn’t have time to waste, so I figured this would be a much faster and more dependable method.

“Ye lord!” I called out, “Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens. Hadō number seventy-three, Sōren Sōkatsui!”

Gathering the brilliant double beam of blazing white and blue light, I focused my spiritual energy and directed the Sōren Sōkatsui spell toward the mine’s entrance, striking it furiously with a massive impact. Even though the explosion was massive, it was far enough away from town for it to have caused little notice. Once the dust had cleared, I had seen an opening in the entrance now, though there were still plenty of rocks scattered about. Regardless, it still got the job done.

I figured now I would make my way in, and see just how far I was going to need to go to finally get this Fell Stone…